Arm and Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company announced a partnership to enable the design of smaller chips for devices like smartphones and tablets, the companies said on Tuesday.
Advanced Micro Devices is ahead of schedule with its upcoming Fusion chips, which will appear first in netbooks and low-end laptops early next year, but not in tablets, the company said on Thursday.
Pixel Qi is trying to meet the growing demand for its innovative 3Qi displays, and has resumed shipment after a rash of orders for the low-power screens, the company said on Wednesday.
Improved silicon and firmware from Ozmo Devices will turn a Wi-Fi-equipped Windows 7 laptop into a local hotspot for peripherals such as a keyboard and mouse.
Intel on Tuesday reported strong earnings for the second quarter of fiscal 2010, buoyed by strong microprocessor sales in the server segment.
Intel has no plans to shelve its Celeron processor brand in 2011, the chip maker said Friday in response to a Taiwanese press report.
The days of having to use a different power supply unit (PSU) for every laptop could be drawing to a close with reports that the IEEE industry body is looking at the possibility of a universal standard.
Advanced Micro Devices is looking to invest in technology companies as it tries to build a hardware and software ecosystem around its upcoming Fusion processor, the company said on Tuesday.
Intel is now offering its fastest dual-core Core i3 laptop processor to PC makers including Dell and Hewlett-Packard, which are selling laptops with the chip.
Intel's next-generation server processor code-named Westmere-EX will pack in 10 cores, an industry source said on Monday
Intel's next-generation processor code-named Westmere-EX may include more cores than the company's current server chips, according to the title of a paper about the chip announced on Sunday.
Acer on Friday announced new netbooks based on chips from Advanced Micro Devices, a win for the chip company's efforts to grab market share from rival Intel.
Hewlett-Packard and Fujitsu are updating existing netbook models with new Atom processors that were announced last week by Intel at the Computex trade show.
Wondering when you can get a dual-core 1.2GHz Snapdragon smartphone processor to game on the go? Or Optimus-enabled Nvidia chips in your laptop to save battery while traveling? At this year's Computex expo in Taipei, chips are getting smaller, faster...
Gartner on Thursday said worldwide semiconductor revenue this year will be stronger than previously projected as shipments of PCs and smartphones grow rapidly.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSolution Designer and DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Investment AnalystACT
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedOther
- FTProject Manager / Senior Business AnalystSA
- CCService Management Analyst (Part-Time)NSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- CCGIS ConsultantNSW
- FTDesktop Deployment EngineerWA
- CCTest EngineerNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - .NETNSW
- CCSecurity Architect Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSystems Engineer -SOE/VDIACT
- CCPMO Quality Officer - Major NSW GovernmentNSW
- FTHealth Software Support Consultant - Permanent - North RydeNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD