Arm and Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company announced a partnership to enable the design of smaller chips for devices like smartphones and tablets, the companies said on Tuesday.
Advanced Micro Devices is ahead of schedule with its upcoming Fusion chips, which will appear first in netbooks and low-end laptops early next year, but not in tablets, the company said on Thursday.
Pixel Qi is trying to meet the growing demand for its innovative 3Qi displays, and has resumed shipment after a rash of orders for the low-power screens, the company said on Wednesday.
Improved silicon and firmware from Ozmo Devices will turn a Wi-Fi-equipped Windows 7 laptop into a local hotspot for peripherals such as a keyboard and mouse.
Intel on Tuesday reported strong earnings for the second quarter of fiscal 2010, buoyed by strong microprocessor sales in the server segment.
Intel has no plans to shelve its Celeron processor brand in 2011, the chip maker said Friday in response to a Taiwanese press report.
The days of having to use a different power supply unit (PSU) for every laptop could be drawing to a close with reports that the IEEE industry body is looking at the possibility of a universal standard.
Advanced Micro Devices is looking to invest in technology companies as it tries to build a hardware and software ecosystem around its upcoming Fusion processor, the company said on Tuesday.
Intel is now offering its fastest dual-core Core i3 laptop processor to PC makers including Dell and Hewlett-Packard, which are selling laptops with the chip.
Intel's next-generation server processor code-named Westmere-EX will pack in 10 cores, an industry source said on Monday
Intel's next-generation processor code-named Westmere-EX may include more cores than the company's current server chips, according to the title of a paper about the chip announced on Sunday.
Acer on Friday announced new netbooks based on chips from Advanced Micro Devices, a win for the chip company's efforts to grab market share from rival Intel.
Hewlett-Packard and Fujitsu are updating existing netbook models with new Atom processors that were announced last week by Intel at the Computex trade show.
Wondering when you can get a dual-core 1.2GHz Snapdragon smartphone processor to game on the go? Or Optimus-enabled Nvidia chips in your laptop to save battery while traveling? At this year's Computex expo in Taipei, chips are getting smaller, faster...
Gartner on Thursday said worldwide semiconductor revenue this year will be stronger than previously projected as shipments of PCs and smartphones grow rapidly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Sky Muster gets a user guide
- Supreme Court approves rule change that expands FBI computer search powers
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Massive growth shows why Amazon is the public Cloud leader
- AI looms large in Google's view of the future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCProcurement and Categroy SpecialistWA
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC