Look for NAND technology to thrive as the world becomes ever more interconnected through mobile devices and data centers seek to become more efficient, or "green."
Advanced Micro Devices is trying to beat Intel on price with its latest six-core desktop Phenom II X6 processors, which were announced on Tuesday.
Google gobbled up the chip-making startup Agnilux, whose employees were behind Apple's A4 iPad processor. Google didn't say specifically why it bought Agnilux, but many theorize it's to help build mobile chips for Android or Chrome OS mobile devices.
Japan's biggest chip maker is committing chip design expertise to Brazil as part of a far-reaching cooperation to build a semiconductor industry in the nation.
Advanced Micro Devices reported a net profit for the first quarter of 2010 on Thursday, holding up a streak that started the previous quarter.
Intel on Tuesday reported strong earnings for the first quarter of fiscal 2010, with the company calling it the "best first quarter ever."
Chip maker Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) grabbed a bigger piece of the global market in the fourth quarter of 2009.
An online retail store is taking orders for Advanced Micro Devices' upcoming 12-core Opteron processors, code-named Magny-Cours, ahead of the official launch.
The specifications for AMD's desktop-oriented six-core processors, codenamed 'Thuban', have been accidentally leaked by Gigabyte.
Nvidia on Wednesday asked customers to remove drivers that caused its GeForce graphics cards to overheat, which ultimately crashed some PCs.
Former US military security specialist Christopher Tarnovsky has found a weakness in Infineon's SLE66 CL PE.
Following up the recent launch of its Radeon HD 5450, ATI today announced the Radeon HD 5570. This new card supports DirectX 11 and OpenGL 3.2, and is designed with small-form-factor desktop PCs in mind.
Shipments of graphics chips worldwide went up in 2009 and could rise again this year as the PC industry emerges from the recession and consumers open up wallets, Jon Peddie Research said in a study on Tuesday.
Advanced Micro Devices reached profitability for the first time in three years during the fourth quarter of 2009, benefiting from a legal settlement with Intel and a change in its business model, the company said on Thursday.
Taiwan's biggest DRAM maker, Nanya Technology, reported its first net profit in nearly three years on Wednesday, as DRAM prices rose and demand remained strong in the fourth quarter of last year.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US surveillance law may see no new protections for foreign targets
- Oculus Rift price cut: VR headset, Oculus Touch controller costs each slashed by $100
- Samsung's Evo+ 128GB microSD card has dropped to $40 at B&H
- Microsoft's budget Windows VR headsets roll out to developers soon
- Acer's Windows VR headset shows promise, needs polish
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Enterprise Information SharingQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer - Cisco VoiceWA
- TPProduct Owner - Cloud SolutionsQLD
- FTWeb Developer/ReportsNSW
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- FTTechnical Team Leader | ArchitectQLD
- TPBusiness Implementation ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Permanent - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- TPOracle Consultant - CC&BQLD
- CCMigration EngineerACT
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior C++ .Net DeveloperWA
- CCSAP ISU Device Management ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - NetApp SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- FTHR Payroll ConsultantQLD
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- CCSQL Database Administrator (DBA)NSW
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW