Look for NAND technology to thrive as the world becomes ever more interconnected through mobile devices and data centers seek to become more efficient, or "green."
Advanced Micro Devices is trying to beat Intel on price with its latest six-core desktop Phenom II X6 processors, which were announced on Tuesday.
Google gobbled up the chip-making startup Agnilux, whose employees were behind Apple's A4 iPad processor. Google didn't say specifically why it bought Agnilux, but many theorize it's to help build mobile chips for Android or Chrome OS mobile devices.
Japan's biggest chip maker is committing chip design expertise to Brazil as part of a far-reaching cooperation to build a semiconductor industry in the nation.
Advanced Micro Devices reported a net profit for the first quarter of 2010 on Thursday, holding up a streak that started the previous quarter.
Intel on Tuesday reported strong earnings for the first quarter of fiscal 2010, with the company calling it the "best first quarter ever."
Chip maker Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) grabbed a bigger piece of the global market in the fourth quarter of 2009.
An online retail store is taking orders for Advanced Micro Devices' upcoming 12-core Opteron processors, code-named Magny-Cours, ahead of the official launch.
The specifications for AMD's desktop-oriented six-core processors, codenamed 'Thuban', have been accidentally leaked by Gigabyte.
Nvidia on Wednesday asked customers to remove drivers that caused its GeForce graphics cards to overheat, which ultimately crashed some PCs.
Former US military security specialist Christopher Tarnovsky has found a weakness in Infineon's SLE66 CL PE.
Following up the recent launch of its Radeon HD 5450, ATI today announced the Radeon HD 5570. This new card supports DirectX 11 and OpenGL 3.2, and is designed with small-form-factor desktop PCs in mind.
Shipments of graphics chips worldwide went up in 2009 and could rise again this year as the PC industry emerges from the recession and consumers open up wallets, Jon Peddie Research said in a study on Tuesday.
Advanced Micro Devices reached profitability for the first time in three years during the fourth quarter of 2009, benefiting from a legal settlement with Intel and a change in its business model, the company said on Thursday.
Taiwan's biggest DRAM maker, Nanya Technology, reported its first net profit in nearly three years on Wednesday, as DRAM prices rose and demand remained strong in the fourth quarter of last year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Wednesday, August 5
- File sync services provide covert way to control hacked computers
- Samsung adds payments to its smart TVs
- China to plant Internet police in top online firms
- GE launches cloud for the industrial Internet
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW