Look for NAND technology to thrive as the world becomes ever more interconnected through mobile devices and data centers seek to become more efficient, or "green."
Advanced Micro Devices is trying to beat Intel on price with its latest six-core desktop Phenom II X6 processors, which were announced on Tuesday.
Google gobbled up the chip-making startup Agnilux, whose employees were behind Apple's A4 iPad processor. Google didn't say specifically why it bought Agnilux, but many theorize it's to help build mobile chips for Android or Chrome OS mobile devices.
Japan's biggest chip maker is committing chip design expertise to Brazil as part of a far-reaching cooperation to build a semiconductor industry in the nation.
Advanced Micro Devices reported a net profit for the first quarter of 2010 on Thursday, holding up a streak that started the previous quarter.
Intel on Tuesday reported strong earnings for the first quarter of fiscal 2010, with the company calling it the "best first quarter ever."
Chip maker Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) grabbed a bigger piece of the global market in the fourth quarter of 2009.
An online retail store is taking orders for Advanced Micro Devices' upcoming 12-core Opteron processors, code-named Magny-Cours, ahead of the official launch.
The specifications for AMD's desktop-oriented six-core processors, codenamed 'Thuban', have been accidentally leaked by Gigabyte.
Nvidia on Wednesday asked customers to remove drivers that caused its GeForce graphics cards to overheat, which ultimately crashed some PCs.
Former US military security specialist Christopher Tarnovsky has found a weakness in Infineon's SLE66 CL PE.
Following up the recent launch of its Radeon HD 5450, ATI today announced the Radeon HD 5570. This new card supports DirectX 11 and OpenGL 3.2, and is designed with small-form-factor desktop PCs in mind.
Shipments of graphics chips worldwide went up in 2009 and could rise again this year as the PC industry emerges from the recession and consumers open up wallets, Jon Peddie Research said in a study on Tuesday.
Advanced Micro Devices reached profitability for the first time in three years during the fourth quarter of 2009, benefiting from a legal settlement with Intel and a change in its business model, the company said on Thursday.
Taiwan's biggest DRAM maker, Nanya Technology, reported its first net profit in nearly three years on Wednesday, as DRAM prices rose and demand remained strong in the fourth quarter of last year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
- Four state AGs sue to block US decision to cede key internet role
- Salesforce tries to block Microsoft's LinkedIn acquisition
- Paris motor show turns on to electric cars
- Google rebrands Apps for Work as G Suite, adds intelligent features
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW