The White House heads west to Silicon Valley on Friday looking for ideas on how to improve the nation's cybersecurity, and members of President Barack Obama's administration are likely to get an earful.
A consortium that develops guidelines for protecting payment card data is hoping that emerging security technologies will help prevent breaches that made this year one of the worst ever on the security front.
The "Shellshock" flaw has the potential to pose a risk to the payments industry, but doesn't appear to have caused any problems yet, an official with a consortium run by major credit card companies warned on Tuesday.
While conducting a penetration test of a major Canadian retailer, Rob VandenBrink bought something from the store. He later found his own credit card number buried in its systems, a major worry.
A payment card industry security consortium warned retailers on Wednesday of the urgency to secure their systems against "Backoff," a malicious software program that steals card numbers.
The U.S. Congress should mandate that banks, retailers and payment card processors adopt new security standards to protect against widespread data breaches, some lawmakers said Wednesday.
The PCI Security Standards Council released version 3.0 of the PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and corresponding Payment Application Data Security Standard (PA-DSS), adding new security requirements and guidance for payment-card industry organiz...
Businesses that want to make use of consumer-grade smartphones and tablets as a point-of-sale device to process payment cards are being advised to only do so when appropriate encryption controls and other security measures are in place.
The PCI Security Standards Council today is expected to issue guidelines on use of point-to-point encryption in protecting sensitive payment card data, but the narrow approach — which is focused on hardware — is raising questions.
The PCI Security Standards Council has released its long-awaited guidance on how mobile payment acceptance applications can meet PCI standards.
Enterprises got some much needed clarification on the implementation of PCI requirements in virtualized environments on Tuesday.
Cisco is beefing up wireless transaction security with new software features for its Wi-Fi access points. The vendor says the changes add needed protection over and above that mandated by the Payment Card Industry (PCI) standard.
The organization in charge of defining security for the payment-card industry's merchants and service providers Tuesday issued two guidance papers, the first on end-to-end encryption and the second on payment card technology used more commonly in Eur...
The organization responsible for administering the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) has launched a new program to help enterprises conduct self-assessments of their compliance with the standard.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
- Big data: The obstacles we’re seeing and how to overcome them
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSAP FIORIACT
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Security EngineerNSW
- CCTest Lead with HP ALMACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 161018/P/911Asia
- PTService Management AnalystSA
- CCSenior Java Developer-Java SE 8, HTTP APIs, Protocol BuffersNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security/Admin.) 161014/SA/253Asia
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 161013/JP/602Asia
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW