The White House heads west to Silicon Valley on Friday looking for ideas on how to improve the nation's cybersecurity, and members of President Barack Obama's administration are likely to get an earful.
A consortium that develops guidelines for protecting payment card data is hoping that emerging security technologies will help prevent breaches that made this year one of the worst ever on the security front.
The "Shellshock" flaw has the potential to pose a risk to the payments industry, but doesn't appear to have caused any problems yet, an official with a consortium run by major credit card companies warned on Tuesday.
While conducting a penetration test of a major Canadian retailer, Rob VandenBrink bought something from the store. He later found his own credit card number buried in its systems, a major worry.
A payment card industry security consortium warned retailers on Wednesday of the urgency to secure their systems against "Backoff," a malicious software program that steals card numbers.
The U.S. Congress should mandate that banks, retailers and payment card processors adopt new security standards to protect against widespread data breaches, some lawmakers said Wednesday.
The PCI Security Standards Council released version 3.0 of the PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and corresponding Payment Application Data Security Standard (PA-DSS), adding new security requirements and guidance for payment-card industry organiz...
Businesses that want to make use of consumer-grade smartphones and tablets as a point-of-sale device to process payment cards are being advised to only do so when appropriate encryption controls and other security measures are in place.
The PCI Security Standards Council today is expected to issue guidelines on use of point-to-point encryption in protecting sensitive payment card data, but the narrow approach — which is focused on hardware — is raising questions.
The PCI Security Standards Council has released its long-awaited guidance on how mobile payment acceptance applications can meet PCI standards.
Enterprises got some much needed clarification on the implementation of PCI requirements in virtualized environments on Tuesday.
Cisco is beefing up wireless transaction security with new software features for its Wi-Fi access points. The vendor says the changes add needed protection over and above that mandated by the Payment Card Industry (PCI) standard.
The organization in charge of defining security for the payment-card industry's merchants and service providers Tuesday issued two guidance papers, the first on end-to-end encryption and the second on payment card technology used more commonly in Eur...
The organization responsible for administering the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) has launched a new program to help enterprises conduct self-assessments of their compliance with the standard.
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel merges AI operations into a new unit
- Senate votes to kill FCC's broadband privacy rules
- Snowden's ex-boss offers tips on stopping insider threats
- Facebook starts warning U.S. users when they're sharing fake news
- Why I'm addicted to Mass Effect: Andromeda's gorgeous, secret Nvidia super-screenshots
PCW Evaluation Team
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTIt Security and process analystNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- FTFull Stack .Net Developer Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- TPJunior Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior C++ .Net DeveloperWA
- CCTest LeadQLD
- FTNetwork Security AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Lead Developer/Architect - TelcoVIC
- CCVirtualisation Engineer - IP NetworksVIC
- CCGIS Developer - GeocortexWA
- CCApplication Developer - FileNetQLD
- FTTest Advert Software EngineerSA
- TPGIS Resource Data & TestingQLD
- TPDigital Platforms ManagerVIC
- FTProject Manager - Finance BackgroundQLD
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst (BPMN or UML & Agile)QLD
- CCSenior ABAP DeveloperQLD
- FTWeb Support LeadQLD
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTNetwork Engineer - Cisco VoiceWA
- FTSenior System/Network EngineerACT
- FTICT ManagerNSW