The White House heads west to Silicon Valley on Friday looking for ideas on how to improve the nation's cybersecurity, and members of President Barack Obama's administration are likely to get an earful.
A consortium that develops guidelines for protecting payment card data is hoping that emerging security technologies will help prevent breaches that made this year one of the worst ever on the security front.
The "Shellshock" flaw has the potential to pose a risk to the payments industry, but doesn't appear to have caused any problems yet, an official with a consortium run by major credit card companies warned on Tuesday.
While conducting a penetration test of a major Canadian retailer, Rob VandenBrink bought something from the store. He later found his own credit card number buried in its systems, a major worry.
A payment card industry security consortium warned retailers on Wednesday of the urgency to secure their systems against "Backoff," a malicious software program that steals card numbers.
The U.S. Congress should mandate that banks, retailers and payment card processors adopt new security standards to protect against widespread data breaches, some lawmakers said Wednesday.
The PCI Security Standards Council released version 3.0 of the PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and corresponding Payment Application Data Security Standard (PA-DSS), adding new security requirements and guidance for payment-card industry organiz...
Businesses that want to make use of consumer-grade smartphones and tablets as a point-of-sale device to process payment cards are being advised to only do so when appropriate encryption controls and other security measures are in place.
The PCI Security Standards Council today is expected to issue guidelines on use of point-to-point encryption in protecting sensitive payment card data, but the narrow approach — which is focused on hardware — is raising questions.
The PCI Security Standards Council has released its long-awaited guidance on how mobile payment acceptance applications can meet PCI standards.
Enterprises got some much needed clarification on the implementation of PCI requirements in virtualized environments on Tuesday.
Cisco is beefing up wireless transaction security with new software features for its Wi-Fi access points. The vendor says the changes add needed protection over and above that mandated by the Payment Card Industry (PCI) standard.
The organization in charge of defining security for the payment-card industry's merchants and service providers Tuesday issued two guidance papers, the first on end-to-end encryption and the second on payment card technology used more commonly in Eur...
The organization responsible for administering the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) has launched a new program to help enterprises conduct self-assessments of their compliance with the standard.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- This new model for quantum circuits is like a 5-decker sandwich
- Dell stops selling Android devices
- IBM and Cisco will make Watson into a virtual workmate
- Time is short to stop expansion of FBI hacking, senator says
- Over 100 DDoS botnets built using Linux malware for embedded devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSolution Analyst - CloudVIC
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCTechnologyOne System Administration and DevelopmentACT
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- FTLooking for a PEGA Developer with Baseline ClearanceVIC
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- CCTest LeadNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC