The White House heads west to Silicon Valley on Friday looking for ideas on how to improve the nation's cybersecurity, and members of President Barack Obama's administration are likely to get an earful.
A consortium that develops guidelines for protecting payment card data is hoping that emerging security technologies will help prevent breaches that made this year one of the worst ever on the security front.
The "Shellshock" flaw has the potential to pose a risk to the payments industry, but doesn't appear to have caused any problems yet, an official with a consortium run by major credit card companies warned on Tuesday.
While conducting a penetration test of a major Canadian retailer, Rob VandenBrink bought something from the store. He later found his own credit card number buried in its systems, a major worry.
A payment card industry security consortium warned retailers on Wednesday of the urgency to secure their systems against "Backoff," a malicious software program that steals card numbers.
The U.S. Congress should mandate that banks, retailers and payment card processors adopt new security standards to protect against widespread data breaches, some lawmakers said Wednesday.
The PCI Security Standards Council released version 3.0 of the PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and corresponding Payment Application Data Security Standard (PA-DSS), adding new security requirements and guidance for payment-card industry organiz...
Businesses that want to make use of consumer-grade smartphones and tablets as a point-of-sale device to process payment cards are being advised to only do so when appropriate encryption controls and other security measures are in place.
The PCI Security Standards Council today is expected to issue guidelines on use of point-to-point encryption in protecting sensitive payment card data, but the narrow approach — which is focused on hardware — is raising questions.
The PCI Security Standards Council has released its long-awaited guidance on how mobile payment acceptance applications can meet PCI standards.
Enterprises got some much needed clarification on the implementation of PCI requirements in virtualized environments on Tuesday.
Cisco is beefing up wireless transaction security with new software features for its Wi-Fi access points. The vendor says the changes add needed protection over and above that mandated by the Payment Card Industry (PCI) standard.
The organization in charge of defining security for the payment-card industry's merchants and service providers Tuesday issued two guidance papers, the first on end-to-end encryption and the second on payment card technology used more commonly in Eur...
The organization responsible for administering the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) has launched a new program to help enterprises conduct self-assessments of their compliance with the standard.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCData ModellerACT
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW