Intel is opening the door to innovators with this new NUC, allowing for third parties to print their own lids
Intel's NUC packs plenty of processing power into a tiny chassis
PCs in pictures
The Chromebook can be a powerful workhorse -- here's how to replace your standard laptop for work
Need a mouse for your Windows 8 laptop or a keyboard for your Windows RT tablet? These devices from Microsoft and Logitech are solid options from proven peripherals vendors.
Microsoft's Metro environment in Windows 8 and Windows RT takes the iPad approach to apps, but is it better?
HP today announced a slew of new consumer computing devices that are available to buy now. The new computers don’t run Windows 10 out of the box, but will be upgradeable once the new operating system rolls out from 29 July. Here’s the low-down on the...
Michael Dell said Monday that Dell Inc. would begin shipping Windows 10 PCs to customers on July 29, even though Microsoft seems to be saying otherwise.
I got not one, but two very exciting Macs this week. The first was a new main Mac, the replacement for my trusty 2008 MacBook Pro: A tricked-out 5K iMac.
It only took an embarrassing adware scandal that put millions of PCs at risk, but Lenovo has had a revelation: People just want clean Windows.
Following the commercial availability of Windows 8.1, Toshiba has released its 8-inch tablet, Encore.
The end of the year is usually as good a time as any to build a new budget PC. Many stores put on specials before they shut for the holiday period, and some also provide free delivery depending on how much you spend.
Whitepapers about PCs
This whitepaper discusses why the periodic refresh of an organisation’s PCs and devices makes sense from both IT and business perspectives, to maintain productivity and top-notch security. • As PCs age, the systems start to incur high maintenance costs and expose organizations to heightened security risks • There is a need to carefully match client computers to the requirements of the workforce • With the right combination of hardware, software and services, organisations can maximize the benefits of a client refresh while driving down cost and complexity
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google adds warning to unencrypted emails
- Java-based Trojan was used to attack over 400,000 systems
- HPE servers get new names to help users figure out what they can be used for
- Amazon Web Services goes gunning for gamers with free FPS framework
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java, Oracle ADF) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC