Revenues from Windows plummeted 30 per cent last quarter compared to the same period the year before, Microsoft said on Thursday.
When is a tablet not a tablet? When it's a PC.
Lenovo is in talks to take a majority stake in Japan's biggest PC maker, a Japanese newspaper reported on Friday.
Tablets like Apple's iPad are taking a toll on an already battered PC market.
Samsung Electronics said it has completed development of the first DDR4 DRAM module, which offers twice the performance of today's DDR3 DRAM and reduces power consumption when used in a notebook by 40%.
The recession may have accelerated companies extending the lifecycles of PCs, laptops and servers, but that change may become permanent.
Tablets are making such a mark in the computer market that they just might start giving the world's largest chip maker a good bashing.
Shipments of smartphones, tablets and other app-enabled devices will overtake PCs shipments in the next 18 months, an event that may signify the end of the PC-centric era, market research firm IDC said.
Move over PC. The Apple iPad and other tablet devices are turning quite a few heads and chipping away at your business.
Later this month, the high-brow Christie's auction house will try to get $242,400 for an aged Apple computer.
Enterprises now in the midst of migrating to Windows 7 are unlikely to repeat that same work in just two years with Windows 8, an analyst said today.
On the eve of the first anniversary of Windows 7's launch, Microsoft today said the operating system has exceeded its expectations.
Apple jumped into the third spot in U.S. sales for the third quarter, in part because of the "halo" effect from its iPad tablet, industry research firm IDC said today.
Despite what had been growing excitement about the semiconductor market this year, one research company is lowering its chip revenue forecast for 2010.
Apple will add App Store functionality to its new, miniature Apple TV in the near future, a Wall Street analyst said today.
Latest News Articles
- Michaels says breach at its stores affected nearly 3M payment cards
- IT security is national security -- but you're not alone
- Exclusive: Google's Project Loon tests move to LTE band in Nevada
- Enterprise who? Google says little about Apps, business cloud services in Q1 report
- Samsung teams with GlobalFoundries on 3D chips
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Top 5 reasons to hate the Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 5 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- 18% off $899 free shipping
- 6% off $749 free shipping
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »