Consumers may love that Google's Chromebooks will automatically deliver security updates, but company administrators will resist it tooth and nail, experts said today.
When it comes to IT, China likes to build big, whether it's the world's largest supercomputer or city-size complexes dedicated to cloud computing. Now, China is near to adding something else to its list of big tech things: the world's largest market ...
PC sales in the first quarter of this year suffered, and analysts are placing the blame on the tablet market and the disaster in Japan.
Intel may have made it to a 32-nanometer build process first, but rival Advanced Micro Devices has followed suit and is looking to make up some ground.
Sales of Apple's iPad battered Acer's netbooks and notebooks sales so badly that Dell was able to regain its second-place position in the global PC market.
If you feel you are a lost cause at setting up and operating the latest tablets and smartphones, you aren't alone.
Mozilla has urged users to update their graphics cards' drivers if they want to take advantage of Firefox 4's hardware acceleration.
Revenues from Windows plummeted 30 per cent last quarter compared to the same period the year before, Microsoft said on Thursday.
When is a tablet not a tablet? When it's a PC.
Lenovo is in talks to take a majority stake in Japan's biggest PC maker, a Japanese newspaper reported on Friday.
Tablets like Apple's iPad are taking a toll on an already battered PC market.
Samsung Electronics said it has completed development of the first DDR4 DRAM module, which offers twice the performance of today's DDR3 DRAM and reduces power consumption when used in a notebook by 40%.
The recession may have accelerated companies extending the lifecycles of PCs, laptops and servers, but that change may become permanent.
Tablets are making such a mark in the computer market that they just might start giving the world's largest chip maker a good bashing.
Shipments of smartphones, tablets and other app-enabled devices will overtake PCs shipments in the next 18 months, an event that may signify the end of the PC-centric era, market research firm IDC said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Companies say IoT matters but don't agree how to secure it
- A robot fish is helping the Navy improve underwater movement
- Here's what you should know, and do, about the Yahoo breach
- Well, I never! iOS 10's voicemail transcription has a potty mouth
- Privacy groups urge US FTC to investigate WhatsApp promises
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCEnterprise Application ArchitectQLD
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT