Consumers may love that Google's Chromebooks will automatically deliver security updates, but company administrators will resist it tooth and nail, experts said today.
When it comes to IT, China likes to build big, whether it's the world's largest supercomputer or city-size complexes dedicated to cloud computing. Now, China is near to adding something else to its list of big tech things: the world's largest market ...
PC sales in the first quarter of this year suffered, and analysts are placing the blame on the tablet market and the disaster in Japan.
Intel may have made it to a 32-nanometer build process first, but rival Advanced Micro Devices has followed suit and is looking to make up some ground.
Sales of Apple's iPad battered Acer's netbooks and notebooks sales so badly that Dell was able to regain its second-place position in the global PC market.
If you feel you are a lost cause at setting up and operating the latest tablets and smartphones, you aren't alone.
Mozilla has urged users to update their graphics cards' drivers if they want to take advantage of Firefox 4's hardware acceleration.
Revenues from Windows plummeted 30 per cent last quarter compared to the same period the year before, Microsoft said on Thursday.
When is a tablet not a tablet? When it's a PC.
Lenovo is in talks to take a majority stake in Japan's biggest PC maker, a Japanese newspaper reported on Friday.
Tablets like Apple's iPad are taking a toll on an already battered PC market.
Samsung Electronics said it has completed development of the first DDR4 DRAM module, which offers twice the performance of today's DDR3 DRAM and reduces power consumption when used in a notebook by 40%.
The recession may have accelerated companies extending the lifecycles of PCs, laptops and servers, but that change may become permanent.
Tablets are making such a mark in the computer market that they just might start giving the world's largest chip maker a good bashing.
Shipments of smartphones, tablets and other app-enabled devices will overtake PCs shipments in the next 18 months, an event that may signify the end of the PC-centric era, market research firm IDC said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- A hacker wants to sell 10 million patient records on a black market
- Microsoft's open sourcing of .NET hits a major milestone
- Qualcomm wants to bring LTE to more IoT devices
- HPE's CTO is leaving amid more change at the company
- Red Hat polishes JBoss EAP for a cloud-native future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Oracle) 160603/AP/vmpAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCSoftware & Hardware Asset Management - 2 rolesNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia