Intel may have made it to a 32-nanometer build process first, but rival Advanced Micro Devices has followed suit and is looking to make up some ground.
Sales of Apple's iPad battered Acer's netbooks and notebooks sales so badly that Dell was able to regain its second-place position in the global PC market.
If you feel you are a lost cause at setting up and operating the latest tablets and smartphones, you aren't alone.
Mozilla has urged users to update their graphics cards' drivers if they want to take advantage of Firefox 4's hardware acceleration.
Revenues from Windows plummeted 30 per cent last quarter compared to the same period the year before, Microsoft said on Thursday.
When is a tablet not a tablet? When it's a PC.
Lenovo is in talks to take a majority stake in Japan's biggest PC maker, a Japanese newspaper reported on Friday.
Tablets like Apple's iPad are taking a toll on an already battered PC market.
Samsung Electronics said it has completed development of the first DDR4 DRAM module, which offers twice the performance of today's DDR3 DRAM and reduces power consumption when used in a notebook by 40%.
The recession may have accelerated companies extending the lifecycles of PCs, laptops and servers, but that change may become permanent.
Tablets are making such a mark in the computer market that they just might start giving the world's largest chip maker a good bashing.
Shipments of smartphones, tablets and other app-enabled devices will overtake PCs shipments in the next 18 months, an event that may signify the end of the PC-centric era, market research firm IDC said.
Move over PC. The Apple iPad and other tablet devices are turning quite a few heads and chipping away at your business.
Later this month, the high-brow Christie's auction house will try to get $242,400 for an aged Apple computer.
Enterprises now in the midst of migrating to Windows 7 are unlikely to repeat that same work in just two years with Windows 8, an analyst said today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Paul McCartney gives Skype some silly love songs
- Microsoft fixes 36 flaws in IE, Edge, Office, Windows, .NET Framework
- Facebook has just 60 days to change its terms and conditions for French users
- Coming to HP's consumer laptops: Smoother video with AMD's FreeSync
- Identity thieves obtain 100,000 electronic filing PINs from IRS system
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC