Shipments of smartphones, tablets and other app-enabled devices will overtake PCs shipments in the next 18 months, an event that may signify the end of the PC-centric era, market research firm IDC said.
Move over PC. The Apple iPad and other tablet devices are turning quite a few heads and chipping away at your business.
Later this month, the high-brow Christie's auction house will try to get $242,400 for an aged Apple computer.
Enterprises now in the midst of migrating to Windows 7 are unlikely to repeat that same work in just two years with Windows 8, an analyst said today.
On the eve of the first anniversary of Windows 7's launch, Microsoft today said the operating system has exceeded its expectations.
Apple jumped into the third spot in U.S. sales for the third quarter, in part because of the "halo" effect from its iPad tablet, industry research firm IDC said today.
Despite what had been growing excitement about the semiconductor market this year, one research company is lowering its chip revenue forecast for 2010.
Apple will add App Store functionality to its new, miniature Apple TV in the near future, a Wall Street analyst said today.
Starting early next month, Microsoft Security Essentials, Redmond's anti-malware service for Windows PCs, will be free for small businesses to install on up to 10 PCs.
Google is being somewhat circumspect about whether Android or Chrome will run on future tablet computers, with two top executives hinting recently at different possible directions. Analysts also disagree in their predictions.
Microsoft today said it will revive last year's multi-license Windows 7 Family Pack in early October for U.S. customers.
Apple today refreshed its iMac line for the first time since October 2009 by adopting Intel's Core i3, i5 and i7 processors across the board and abandoning NVidia's integrated graphics chipset for ATI-branded graphics processors.
Microsoft sold nearly 10 copies of Windows 7 every second over the last month, according to numbers the company released Thursday.
When Intel Corp. posted its best quarter ever this past week, industry watchers noted that the good news extends beyond the chip maker and touches on the high-tech industry and possibly the U.S. economy.
Just a day before Microsoft drops support for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), the company announced on Monday that people running some versions of Windows 7 can "downgrade" to the aged operating system for up to 10 years.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Fiber puts expansion plans on hold to review strategy
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementSA
- CCCompliance Administrator - Contracts/ ProcurementVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantSA
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCSOE EngineerACT
- TPProject Coordinator - IT projectsVIC
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- CCProject Manager - DigitisationQLD
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCProject SchedulerACT
- FTSOE ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Process Analyst - Telco (Sydney CBD)NSW
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst/TesterVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantACT
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (HACMP/Oracle) 161103/SA/335Asia
- CCProject Manager - Payroll SystemsSA
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - Exchange 2010NSW
- FTSenior Java ProgrammerWA