Adobe said today that it would patch a critical Reader vulnerability on Thursday.
Adobe has revealed that it will strengthen the security controls in the Adobe Reader application by adding sandboxing in the next release. With malicious attacks targeting Adobe products more frequently, it is definitely a move in the right direction...
Adobe provides its beleaguered PDF reader with sandbox technology to thwart exploits. "This is coming out in the next major release", reveals Brad Arkin, head of security at Adobe, to Webwereld.
An Adobe patch for a well-publicized bug in the company's Reader PDF software doesn't fix the vulnerability, the security researcher who uncovered the flaw confirmed.
Adobe late Friday warned that attackers are exploiting a critical vulnerability in the company's most widely-used software: Flash Player and Adobe Reader.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- ARM builds up security in the tiniest IoT chips
- Google is trying to reinvent the whiteboard
- Google buys eye-tracking VR firm Eyefluence
- IBM is folding SoftLayer into its Bluemix cloud services portfolio
- Azure brings SQL Server Analysis Services to the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior Helpdesk OfficerACT
- CCSAP GRC ConsultantACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTCommercial Contracts Manager - DefenceSA
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- TPTraining ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCWeb Content EditorQLD
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- TPBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- TPChange Manager | GovernmentQLD
- CCTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AX - Brisbane BasedQLD
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- FTMULTIPLE PERM PROJECT MANAGERSACT
- CCSenior Security EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC