Mobile World Congress is not the best place to launch a new messaging app: With thousands of tech-savvy visitors in Barcelona, many of them toting multiple connected devices, public wireless and Wi-Fi networks quickly become so saturated that it's di...
The U.S. Department of Justice did not mislead a court and attempt to entrap file storage site Megaupload on copyright infringement charges, the agency said in a new filing in the case.
Peer-to-peer software developer Frostwire has agreed to settle U.S. Federal Trade Commission charges that its software would likely cause users to unknowingly share sensitive personal files, including pictures, from their Android devices, the FTC sai...
An entrepreneur and over a dozen hip-hop artists are suing CBS over its part in contributing to piracy. The suit, filed by FilmOn founder Alki David in federal court on Wednesday, accuses CBS's CNET arm of exacerbating piracy problem by distributing...
What do curse words, porn terms and the word BitTorrent have in common? They're all blacklisted from Google Instant.
Two researchers may have found a way to greatly reduce traffic bottlenecks that could take place in ad hoc networks. Such work may be essential for the future development of sensor networks, they say.
A group led by former Pirate Bay spokesman Peter Sunde is forming to develop a peer-to-peer-based alternative to today's ICANN-controlled DNS system, according to a blog posted on Tuesday.
Less than a month after its "permanent shut down," LimeWire has been resurrected by an anonymous dev team -- and it's better and more powerful than before. Or, well, something like that.
File-sharing program LimeWire has been permanently shut down after a federal judge found it guilty of assisting users in committing copyright infringement "on a massive scale."
In a major victory for the music industry, a New York federal judge has ordered embattled P2P software maker LimeWire to immediately and permanently stop distributing and supporting its file-sharing software.
Use Pirate Bay to find or swap files? If so, about 4 million of you have just had your accounts hacked and user names, e-mail and Internet addresses compiled by a 23-year-old Argentinian (and two pals) exploiting the site's SQL vulnerabilities.
A package of legislation designed to combat copyright infringement in Britain is stirring more controversy as it moves through Parliament.
The deal between Global Gaming Factory (GGF) X and Peerialism, whose P-to-P (peer-to-peer) technology was supposed to be a key component of the new Pirate Bay's infrastructure, has been called off, according to Peerialism's CEO Johan Ljungberg.
A Seattle man was sentenced to more than three years in prison Tuesday for using the Limewire file-sharing service to lift personal information from computers across the U.S.
The founders of widely used BitTorrent tracker The Pirate Bay are getting ready to launch IPREDator, a network service that makes people online more anonymous by using a VPN (virtual private network).
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTService Desk - Level 1 SupportVIC
- FTSecurity EngineerACT
- FTElectronic Payments POS Business Analyst - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSoftware Engineer - Build/Image MaintenanceACT
- FTBusiness Development ManagerACT
- FTSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager (Wealth)NSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTAgile Scrum Master/TrainerNSW
- TPProject ServicesACT
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTWeb Developers - .Net DevelopersNSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectQLD
- FTTIBCO DeveloperVIC
- TPSAS DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTICT Sales Account ManagerQLD
- CCNetworks Engineer - SecurityVIC