Mobile World Congress is not the best place to launch a new messaging app: With thousands of tech-savvy visitors in Barcelona, many of them toting multiple connected devices, public wireless and Wi-Fi networks quickly become so saturated that it's di...
The U.S. Department of Justice did not mislead a court and attempt to entrap file storage site Megaupload on copyright infringement charges, the agency said in a new filing in the case.
Peer-to-peer software developer Frostwire has agreed to settle U.S. Federal Trade Commission charges that its software would likely cause users to unknowingly share sensitive personal files, including pictures, from their Android devices, the FTC sai...
An entrepreneur and over a dozen hip-hop artists are suing CBS over its part in contributing to piracy. The suit, filed by FilmOn founder Alki David in federal court on Wednesday, accuses CBS's CNET arm of exacerbating piracy problem by distributing...
What do curse words, porn terms and the word BitTorrent have in common? They're all blacklisted from Google Instant.
Two researchers may have found a way to greatly reduce traffic bottlenecks that could take place in ad hoc networks. Such work may be essential for the future development of sensor networks, they say.
A group led by former Pirate Bay spokesman Peter Sunde is forming to develop a peer-to-peer-based alternative to today's ICANN-controlled DNS system, according to a blog posted on Tuesday.
Less than a month after its "permanent shut down," LimeWire has been resurrected by an anonymous dev team -- and it's better and more powerful than before. Or, well, something like that.
File-sharing program LimeWire has been permanently shut down after a federal judge found it guilty of assisting users in committing copyright infringement "on a massive scale."
In a major victory for the music industry, a New York federal judge has ordered embattled P2P software maker LimeWire to immediately and permanently stop distributing and supporting its file-sharing software.
Use Pirate Bay to find or swap files? If so, about 4 million of you have just had your accounts hacked and user names, e-mail and Internet addresses compiled by a 23-year-old Argentinian (and two pals) exploiting the site's SQL vulnerabilities.
A package of legislation designed to combat copyright infringement in Britain is stirring more controversy as it moves through Parliament.
The deal between Global Gaming Factory (GGF) X and Peerialism, whose P-to-P (peer-to-peer) technology was supposed to be a key component of the new Pirate Bay's infrastructure, has been called off, according to Peerialism's CEO Johan Ljungberg.
A Seattle man was sentenced to more than three years in prison Tuesday for using the Limewire file-sharing service to lift personal information from computers across the U.S.
The founders of widely used BitTorrent tracker The Pirate Bay are getting ready to launch IPREDator, a network service that makes people online more anonymous by using a VPN (virtual private network).
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Is the road to machine learning paved with API providers?
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
- Qualcomm hopes a gradual approach to server market will pay dividends
- US Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Scrum/Pega SystemsNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Network EngineersACT
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- CC.NET DeveloperACT