Hitachi Data Systems is purchasing business intelligence software maker Pentaho to incorporate analysis into Internet of Things systems it'll build for the healthcare, public safety and other industries.
With the commercial release of version 5 of its self-named reporting and analysis suite, Jaspersoft has revamped the software's visualization engine, doing away with an Adobe Flash-based visualization engine in favor of one using HTML5 Web standards.
Adhering to the trend of <a href="https://www.infoworld.com/d/applications/microsoft-powerpivot-paves-the-way-self-service-bi-093">simplifying business intelligence tools</a> so they can be used by a wider audience, Pentaho has revamped the user inte...
The open-source BI (business intelligence) project BIRT has surpassed 10 million downloads and 1 million developers, project sponsor Actuate announced on Wednesday.
While it began life as a tool for indexing Web pages, the open source Hadoop framework is being marketed as a tool that could house and analyze vast amounts of data with the kind of proportions that would quickly overwhelm traditional database system...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
- Remote management app exposes millions of Android users to hacking
- ‘Distributed guessing’ attack lets hackers verify Visa card details
- What happens when a country cracks down on fake news? Ask China
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSolution ArchitectQLD
- TPSenior UI Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementACT
- FTInfrastructure and Systems SpecialistQLD
- CCMainframe Project ManagerVIC
- CCAzure/Sharepoint DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedSA
- CCChange Manager (Office365) required for leading digital innovator in SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTJapanese Speaking Technical Support EngineerNSW
- CCJava Developer - Baseline Clearance requiredVIC
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- CCMid-level .NET or Java Developer/Programmer - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior AEM Support AnalystVIC
- CCSiebel DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- CCAutomated Test EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst --Test Manager- Government backgroundNSW
- CCCloud Automation EngineerACT
- FTOracle IDM R1/R2 Implementation SpecialistNSW
- CCInformation Security ConsultantNSW
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD