An anonymous researcher created a massive botnet by hijacking about 420,000 Internet-accessible embedded devices with default or no login passwords and used it to map the entire Internet.
The vast majority of 3G and 4G USB modems handed out by mobile operators to their customers are manufactured by a handful of companies and run insecure software, according to two security researchers from Russia.
South by Southwest Interactive is best known as the technology festival that put such social networking mainstays as Twitter and Foursquare on the map. But if there was a "next big thing" at this year's event, finding it would be pretty hard.
Acer's DA220HQL looks like a giant Android tablet, with its 1920 x 1080 pixel, 21.5-inch touch screen -- but you wouldn't want to carry it around.
After a seven-year wait, Sony's PlayStation 4 has finally been announced.
The Week in iOS Accessories from CES.
Kingston Technology will soon launch the world's first 1TB flash drive, a USB 3.0 device that is likely to cost more than most computers do.
An enhanced version of USB 3.0 will deliver up to 10G bps, twice the data speed of current connections.
Seven international electronics manufacturers were fined a total of €1.47 billion by the European Commission on Wednesday for conspiring to fix the price cathode-ray tubes (CRTs) in two separate cartels between 1996 and 2006.
Samsung Electronics will close a security hole in the firmware of some of its printers by issuing an update on Friday, and said they could be protected by disabling SNMP.
Sharp will start selling the industry's thinnest 4K monitor, a 32-inch LCD screen that is just 3.5mm thick, in February.
Printers manufactured by Samsung have a backdoor administrator account hard coded in their firmware that could enable attackers to change their configuration, read their network information or stored credentials and access sensitive information passe...
Need a mouse for your Windows 8 laptop or a keyboard for your Windows RT tablet? These devices from Microsoft and Logitech are solid options from proven peripherals vendors.
Japan's Casio is preparing to launch a new Android tablet for businesses that acts as a personal scanner.
Fuji Xerox will launch a new cloud storage service that hooks directly into its multifunction copiers next week, allowing documents to be uploaded by scan or fax, then edited or downloaded by computer or phone.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
- 5 Oppo F1s review: 2016 has another King of the Best Value phones
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
- Big data: The obstacles we’re seeing and how to overcome them
- Privacy groups target kids advertising disguised as YouTube content
- Ex-NSA contractor hoarded two decades' worth of secrets
- Cloud growth continues to be the name of the game for Microsoft
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- CCWindows EngineerACT
- FTJava Script, Frontend Developer- DynamoDB or MongoDBNSW
- FTSenior Commercial and Bid ManagerVIC
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCMobile Developers (IOS and Android)QLD
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- CCPerformance AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161018/AP/812Asia