InSite expands Dell's reach into the medical IT services market
Dell acquired security vendor Kace Networks, a systems management appliance company, for an undisclosed amount on Thursday.
After a glacially slow start to 2009 in the mergers and acquisitions market, tech companies started buying again in the second half of the year and analysts expect the resurgence in takeover activity to continue in 2010.
The top 10 mergers and acquisitions in the network industry in 2009 all cracked the billion-dollar barrier, and involved vendors in hardware, IT services, collaboration, storage, wireless infrastructure and other segments. IT behemoths such as Oracle...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Is the road to machine learning paved with API providers?
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
- Qualcomm hopes a gradual approach to server market will pay dividends
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCSenior Project Manager, Research Data ProjectNSW
- CCProject Manager - DeliveryNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCSystem AdminVIC
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- FTManual Software TesterNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerSA
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW