The Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA) today announced it will begin licensing 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray technology this month and expects discs to be available by the holidays.
The smartwatch seems to be catching on, at least among early adopters in the tech industry who were on hand for the Samsung Developer Conference.
Early reaction to Samsung's new Galaxy Gear smartwatch, announced on Wednesday in Berlin, was decidedly downbeat if not downright negative.
By 2020, Nissan will offer self-driving cars in several models created in collaboration with tech teams from the top universities, including MIT, Stanford, Oxford, Carnegie Mellon and the University of Tokyo.
Microsoft is reportedly moving ahead quickly with development of a smartwatch, having reached the prototype stage of a 1.5-in. device running on a modified Windows 8 housed in a translucent aluminum case.
After nearly a week of speculation, Facebook announced today that Instagram, its popular photo-sharing service, now supports video.
With Google's futuristic wearable computers on the way, one research firm calculates that the worldwide market for smart glasses could reach nearly 10 million units by 2016.
Before an official pair has even been released, a Seattle cafe has banned customers from wearing Google's computerised eye glasses inside the business.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
- That massive reported 'data breach' was just hype, Mail.ru says
- The Oracle-Google trial over Android starts Monday. Here's what you need to know
- Lenovo patches serious flaw in pre-installed support tool
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Systems Analyst - eCommerce PaymentsVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCSr. Project ManagerVIC
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- FTGeneral Manager: Applications DevelopmentVIC
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- CCWindows Automation EngineerVIC
- CCProject Coordinator- PRINCE2 & Portal/Website/Digital bckgNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - Sydney BasedNSW
- CCAzure Consultant/EngineerQLD
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW