Apple and Intel are both making progress in their efforts to hire more women and minorities, according to figures released by the companies this week.
Three U.S. lawmakers are traveling to Silicon Valley to push tech companies to offer opportunities for African-Americans, an area in which most of these companies have poor track records.
Cisco will pay incoming CEO Chuck Robbins a higher salary than outgoing chief John Chambers made in fiscal 2014.
Ellen Pao is resigning as Reddit's interim chief executive after a week of tumult on the online message board with many users calling for her ouster.
The director of the U.S. Office of Personnel Management resigned on Friday, a day after her agency announced hackers had stolen information on 21.5 million current, former and prospective government employees and their families.
Uber Technologies gathered the support of over 400 drivers across California and a law professor to back its argument in court that its platform gives its contractors the flexibility and independence they want.
NYSE down but it's no cyberattack... Microsoft slims down phone business again... IBM makes world's smallest chips... and more tech news
Microsoft is scaling down its mobile phone activities, writing off the entire value of the former Nokia smartphone business it bought last year and laying off almost one-third of that business' staff.
Microsoft plans a new round of layoffs that could affect its hardware and smartphones businesses, besides other parts of the company, according to a newspaper report.
The exit of a key Reddit staffer, who apparently played an important role in the bustling AMA (Ask Me Anything) question-and-answer section, has created an uproar on the online discussion website.
Intel president Renée James will step down in order to pursue a CEO role at another company, the chip giant announced on Thursday.
The pressure on app-based companies to reclassify their contractors as employees is picking up, with more of them getting sued this week.
The head of Hewlett-Packard's enterprise division will leave the company ahead of HP's planned split later this year.
Facebook and other tech companies aren't changing the racial mix or the percentage of women in their workforce fast enough, which has become a matter of concern to civil rights activists.
Tidal, the music streaming service owned by rapper and music producer Jay-Z, has just lost its second CEO this year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- To solve IoT security, look at the big picture, ARM says
- FCC tells ISPs to get customer permission before sharing sensitive info
- No need to shoot down drones! Many of them can now be hijacked
- Qualcomm agrees to buy NXP for over $37 billion
- Privacy group shoots legal arrow at Privacy Shield
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- FTCRM Business Process AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - IPVPN Edge and Internet EdgeVIC
- FTLevel 1- 2 Helpdesk SupportVIC
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- FTSenior AEM Support AnalystVIC
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceSA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- FTJava/JEE DeveloperVIC
- CCSr. Solutions Architect- Agile, (Transformation or Relocation )NSW
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperWA
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCWintel EngineerNSW
- CCSAP Lumira ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161018/AP/812Asia
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCInterface AnalystSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- TPTraining ManagerVIC
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW