A court in California declined to certify as class action a lawsuit by workers alleging an illegal cartel formed by seven technology companies including Apple, Google and Intel.
It's been a turbulent decade at Hewlett-Packard, with board members and CEOs resigning or being ousted for all manner of colorful reasons, including strategic missteps, accusations of spying on journalists and alleged sexual harassment.
Hewlett-Packard's Ray Lane is giving up his role as chairman amid ongoing shareholder disapproval of HP's troubled Autonomy acquisition.
The former general manager of Microsoft's Windows Phone developer platform started a new job at Amazon on Monday, leading a team that's working in a new area for the company.
Project failures such as Novopay teachers' payroll system and the Work and Income kiosk security breach have increased the need for more accountability in the IT profession.
Adobe CTO Kevin Lynch is leaving the company to take a job at Apple, a one-time close partner of Adobe that became the most vociferous critic of its Flash technology.
Warren East, the outgoing CEO of UK chip design company ARM, has never displayed the bravado of his counterparts across the Atlantic, and that was on show Tuesday when he explained his surprise decision to leave the company on July 1.
Simon Segars will become ARM CEO when Warren East retires July 1, the company said Tuesday.
Samsung Electronics has promoted the heads of its mobile and consumer electronics businesses to share leadership along with the existing boss who oversees components, as the company looks to strengthen the independence of its massive internal divisio...
Google's decision to bring its Android and Chrome divisions together under Sundar Pichai should result in greater work between the two platforms, but Pichai first needs to rein in the fast expanding operating system and bring some order to the busine...
ST-Ericsson's CEO Didier Lamouche has decided to resign from his post as owner Ericsson looks for a way to ensure its future.
Sony Chairman and former CEO Howard Stringer, who has been at the company since 1997, will be leaving the company in June.
General Motors is hiring 1,000 IT staff for a center in a suburb of Phoenix, Arizona as part of its strategy to move more high-value IT work in-house.
The U.S. Congress needs to fix skilled immigration programs by encouraging talented immigrants to permanently move to the country, a group of witnesses told a congressional subcommittee.
Software vendors, academic institutions and government agencies united on Tuesday to tackle European youth unemployment and the IT skills shortage with a new online education platform.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCApplications DeveloperQLD
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW