Banking on the trend toward Cloud computing, Hewlett-Packard has created a stand-alone organization to oversee the company's hosted computing services and software offerings.
Apple CEO Tim Cook received compensation totalling US$4.17 million in 2012, down 98.9 percent on last year -- although his 2011 compensation of $378 million consisted mostly of a one-off stock grant, worth $376.2 million at the time.
Craig Mundie has left his role as Microsoft's chief research and strategy officer to become senior adviser to the CEO, as he winds down before retirement.
Oracle on Tuesday reported that net income jumped 18 percent to US$2.6 billion while revenue rose 3 percent to $9.1 billion for the second quarter, but the company's hardware revenue continued to show weakness.
Well-known American inventor and futurist Ray Kurzweil is joining Google.
Autonomy founder Mike Lynch has created a new website where he will apparently keep a running stockpile of his responses to Hewlett-Packard's allegations of accounting fraud at the vendor.
Three top executives promoted Monday at Intel are among the leading candidates under consideration to replace Paul Otellini as the company's CEO, according to sources familiar with the chip makers' plans.
The U.S. Department of Justice has filed a lawsuit accusing eBay of entering into a "handshake" agreement to not recruit or hire employees of software maker Intuit.
Steven Sinofsky, the executive in charge of Microsoft's Windows 8 operating system and the driving force behind its new OS, is leaving the company, Microsoft announced late Monday.
Sony said Thursday that the executive in charge of its online products, and linking them up to its broad hardware holdings, will leave the company at the end of the year.
Sybase CEO John Chen is leaving SAP, roughly two-and-a-half years after SAP acquired the company for its database and mobility technologies, SAP announced Tuesday.
Two of Apple's top executives are leaving the company: Scott Forstall, who has overseen the iOS platform that runs the iPhone and iPad, will leave Apple next year, and John Browett, senior vice president of retail, is leaving sooner, Apple said Monda...
The name Foxconn has become shorthand for the human costs of building the iPhone in China, linking Apple to bad publicity about worker suicides, deaths from a plant explosion and rioting factory workers.
Members of the Communications Workers of America and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers have voted to ratify four-year contracts with Verizon Communications after contentious negotiations dating back more than a year.
Jacob E. Goldman, a founder of the Palo Alto Research Center that developed breakthrough computing innovations such as the graphical user interface and ethernet networks, died on Tuesday. He was 90.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCPMO Lead/ ManagerACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- TPSHAREPOINT SPECIALISTQLD
- FTCloud Automation EngineerSA
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- CCNetwork Security EngineerNSW
- TPProcurement Support AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Retail BankingNSW
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGNSW
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerVIC
- FTLevel 2/3 ConsultantNSW
- FTProduct Manager - TV and MediaVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI Designer (Mobile)NSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- TPProject Manager - Documentation RebrandQLD
- CCIAM Technical Specialist/ConsultantWA
- TPSAP HR Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Project EngineerNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - InformationQLD
- FTSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- CCProgram Manager BankingNSW
- FTSecurity AdministratorVIC
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW