PDF files are one of the most common, and most trusted document formats out there. However, that trust, combined with the cross-platform use of PDFs makes the Adobe file format one of the most targeted and exploited by malicious attacks as well.
Most of us don't like paying for antivirus (AV) software, but at least home users can rely on one of the free options, such as Microsoft Security Essentials, avast!, or AVG Free.
Security researchers have shown that carefully crafted text messages sent to cell phones via short message service (SMS) can cause them to shutdown without the knowledge of the owner.
The head of the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation has stopped banking online after nearly falling for a phishing attempt.
Microsoft has sued a Hong Kong seller of mobile ringtones, saying the company used phishing techniques to flood Microsoft Live Messenger users with spam messages.
Sometimes, it seems scams are becoming almost as common as social media experts on Twitter. The latest one, unleashed Monday morning and initially noticed by tech blog Mashable, centers on a fake blog hosted at the domain twittersblogs.com. Tweets co...
Forewarned is forearmed. We investigate the latest and most deadly tech dangers, and explain how to fight back.
What the average guy might call a con is known in the security world as social engineering. Social engineering is the criminal art of scamming a person into doing something or divulging sensitive information. These days, there are thousands of ways f...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Pennsylvania man sentenced to 18 months for celeb hacking
- Personal data of 550,000 Red Cross blood donors was breached
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
- 7 technologies killed in Apple's new MacBook Pro
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMultiple Permanent Project Manager rolesACT
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- CCSenior Pega DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDQLD
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- FTBI Developer-Micro-strategyNSW
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst | Travel IndustryQLD
- FTTechnical Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- CCURGENT REQUIREMENT - Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior Technical Specialist SQL & Sybase DBAVIC
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- CCCompliance Administrator - Contracts/ ProcurementVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst/TesterVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCIteration Manager - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence - DeveloperACT
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- CCBackup ConsultantWA
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTNetwork & Gateway EngineerACT