Although the game was developed in the U.S., the concept behind Plants vs. Zombies knows no cultural bounds for Chinese fans like 27-year-old Sai Na.
PopCap Games is releasing new versions of its Plants vs. Zombies title in China, with the aim of raking in more revenue from a major market that is currently swimming in pirated copies of the game.
Rovio Mobile, the developer of Angry Birds, has partnered with a Chinese gaming firm, giving players in the country a new avenue to download official versions of their hit product.
Rovio Mobile, the developer of the Angry Birds game, plans to release Chinese versions of its hit product later this year, as it hopes to turn the game brand into China's biggest entertainment franchise, an executive said Thursday.
The popularity of Angry Birds continues to soar as the game has now reached 140 million downloads worldwide, according to an executive with its publisher Rovio Mobile.
Onward Angry Birds Rio, the exotic new adventures of a bunch of irate avians that just flew past 10 million downloads. If they had legs, they'd probably be dancing on the sand.
Sony Ericsson is doing its best to attract developers who can create games tailor-made for its upcoming Xperia Play smartphone, working with third-party tool makers to simplify the development process.
Qualcomm has put out a beta version of its Augmented Reality (AR) Extension for Unity Technologies' game development tool, which will allow developers to combine computer-generated content and the real world in games for Android-based products, the c...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Immigration Minister Peter Dutton becomes Creepy internet meme
- Sharepoint is going mobile this year with a new app
- IBM's quantum processor comes out of hiding
- Dick Smith closes doors for the last time (+4 photos)
- Google, Fiat Chrysler to collaborate on self-driving minivans
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC