But the best new Android phone is not perfect
Sony's newest new flagship is what it should have launched three months ago
With an improved battery swapping system, the LG G5 isn't a bad phone, per se. But various other features probably looked better in the R&D lab than they do in real life.
Innovative smartphone but with issues
But Moto’s brand new wonder phone is almost a year old already
Phones in pictures
If there's one manufacturer that embraces Computex to its fullest every year it's Asus. Not only does the company show off it's latest and greatest tech but often crazy ideas that might never see the light of day. We love it.
Here are our picks for the coolest ones for your list
Both phones bring feature an Art Deco design with a lot of emphasis on camera quality and audio features.
A top Samsung official issued an unusual video apology over Galaxy Note7 battery-related defects linked to fires and assured owners that replacement Note7 units are safe.
Developers behind several popular, well-reviewed iOS camera apps eagerly incorporate short-term photo enhancements and anticipate more to come.
Hands on with the Hasselblad True Zoom camera Mod for Motorola's Z Droid smartphones.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission late Thursday issued an official recall for 1 million Samsung Galaxy Note 7 smartphones.
You soon-to-be Verizon iPhone 4 customers can learn from the experiences of others. Take it from iPhone old-timers, you're about to enter a magical world of awesome apps running on the most simplistic, addictive device on the planet.
When users had unlimited data there was no reason to be concerned with how or where that data was being consumed. Since AT&T dropped unlimited data in favor of tiered data caps, though, users have struggled to understand data usage, and now AT&T is f...
Once upon a time, a phone was just a phone: It simply made and received calls. The only security you worried about was if someone had picked up in the other room to listen in.
WARNING: Overclocking is not for the faint of heart. Do not attempt to hack your phone unless you understand and accept the risks of turning it into a useless "brick."
Many reasons exist for why you might want or need to "security wipe" a BlackBerry, or completely erase all personal data stored on your handheld: You got a new smartphone and plan to retire the older device; you're trading in your existing BlackBerry...
Samsung's recall of Galaxy Note 7 smartphones over reports that dozens caught fire might have a lasting impact on the company's image. Or not, depending on which analyst you ask.
Samsung and other vendors are beginning to incorporate iris scanning into their mobile devices. We examine how this security technology works, its advantages and its drawbacks.
You can pay an exorbitant amount for a phone. But the top-end iPhones and Samsungs really don’t do much that half-priced alternatives can’t match. In some instances the cheaper options are actually better! We’ve reviewed most of the market lately and...
If you’ve not seen it, the new Pokemon Go mobile game lets you walk around town interacting with local landmarks via your phone’s screen. You’ll likely find plaques, artworks and other local facts about where you live and work that you never knew exi...
The Xperia X comes in three different models, and the Xperia X Performance is the only one that comes with specs like the competition.
Videos about Phones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple sales, profits fall again but a brighter outlook ahead
- AWS quietly launches tool for migrating on-premesis apps to the cloud
- Intel wants to make its IoT chips see, think, and act
- Workstation software flaw exposes industrial control systems to hacking
- Critical account creation flaws patched in popular Joomla CMS
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCApplication Performance Test Lead/ArchitectQLD
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- FTInstructional Designer - eLearningSA
- CCEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCTivoli Access Manager DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- CCDefence Opportunities - Baseline, NV1 or NV2SA
- FTProject Lead / Business Analyst | SalesforceQLD
- CCContract Programmer (HTML5/Java/Oracle) 161031/P/551Asia
- CCTechnical Test AnalystACT
- CCSystems Engineer - Exchange 2010NSW
- CCDynamics AX Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Solution Architect (Permanent and/or Contract Option)VIC
- FTHL7 Interface AnalystQLD
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCKofax DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Network EngineerACT
- CCFull Stack Developer - Be a part of the innovation programVIC
- TPHelpdesk/Level 1 SupportQLD
- TPBusiness Transition Program ManagerVIC
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- FTSenior Perl Developer | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantVIC
- CCMultiple Opportunities - Baseline, NV1 or NV2SA
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC