Apple today patched the two vulnerabilities used to jailbreak Apple's newest iOS 4 operating system, bugs that security researchers warned could be used to hijack iPhones , iPod Touches or iPads.
After delays, Dell will start to ship the highly anticipated Streak mobile Internet device to customers in the U.S. this week.
Surprising no one, Motorola will swap the original Droid phone with the Droid 2 on Thursday, when it launches on Verizon Wireless.
Skype is worried about whether the iPhone and other Apple products will undermine its VoIP services and is also insecure about whether it can achieve service levels good enough to lure business customers, according to the company's filing with the U....
With Mark Hurd's sudden resignation, Hewlett-Packard Co. has a golden opportunity to hire a CEO with business savvy in mobile, wireless and smartphone areas, helping give the mature technology behemoth a needed and vital strategic direction.
Apple's new iPad casts a "halo" over the older iPhone, with owners of the tablet about twice as likely to want the company's smartphone as consumers who own neither, a Nielsen analyst said today.
Research in Motion is getting a tough lesson in geopolitics.
Apple has rolled out some tweaks to fine tune the App Store shopping experience. The effort is commendable, but is woefully inadequate. Try Before You Buy and a Genius feature are both great ideas, but what both Apple's App Store and Google's Android...
The Apple executive in charge of iPhone engineering and responsible for the innovative--yet problem prone--antenna design on the iPhone 4 has left the company. Based on Apple's response to "antennagate", and Steve Jobs press conference to address iss...
There's no denying that Google's Android operating system is a striking success. Consumer and business users are buying more than 200,000 Android-based mobile phones and other devices daily, according to Google CEO Eric Schmid.
Mark Papermaster, Apple's senior vice president of engineering for the iPhone and iPod, is leaving the firm, according to reports by The New York Times.
Nokia has started beta testing a new service called Listings, which will be a digital marketplace where people in emerging markets can look for a job or buy or sell goods using their Nokia phone, the company said in <a href="http://betalabs.nokia.com...
Google's Android was expected to become the world's second most-used smartphone OS by 2012, after the Symbian OS, but now accelerating sales will help it get there this year, according to analysts.
The Nexus One, the phone that was supposed to launch Google's online phone sales strategy, may not be available anymore from the search giant's online store, but Google is still selling it -- to developers.
Hackers on Wednesday released code that lets iPhone 4 owners – if they have modified their Apple smartphones to load unauthorised apps -- to now use the devices on new wireless carriers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Cloud consortium says simpler EU electronic signature rules aren't simple enough
- Lightning strikes Outlook in latest Salesforce-Microsoft integration
- Backblaze wants to eliminate tape-based storage
- FBI expansion of surveillance powers meets obstacle
- Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTTableau BI DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCHelpdesk (Level 1 Support)QLD