Serif's PhotoPlus photo editing software gets more powerful
photo editing in pictures
Sure, you probably know all the run-of-the-mill tools in your photo editor. You can erase blemishes with the clone tool and adjust exposure with the contrast slider. But have you ever tried adding fake clouds to a plain blue sky, turning a crowded room into a ghost town, or dramatically enlarging a small photo? It's easier than you think.
Flickr has unveiled updated camera shooting features such as new, live-view filters; customised filter adjustments; and sophisticated grid, zoom, focus, and exposure lock controls. And everything's wrapped in an intuitive, gesture-based interface.
Sure, you probably know all the run-of-the-mill tools in your photo editor. You can erase blemishes with the clone tool and adjust exposure with the contrast slider. But have you ever tried adding fake clouds to a plain blue sky, turning a crowded ro...
If you've ever tried to alter the color and light values of specific areas of a picture, you know it can be a time-consuming, frustrating, skill-intensive task. First, you have to carefully and expertly select the area with a mask. After you make you...
PC World reader Arcticsid wants to mail lots of photos to friends, but he doesn't want to choke their inboxes with multiple megabytes. He asked the Answer Line forum for advice.
Looking for a photo editor? The usual choices include Adobe Photoshop Elements (available online for about $US85 and up), which I use to demonstrate techniques here in Digital Focus, and Corel Paint Shop Pro (available for about $US70 and up). There ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625Asia
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160819/SSA/892Asia
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- CCProject Manager, Infrastructure Migration, AWS CloudNSW