Like many Windows 8 users, I spend most of my time using Desktop mode, which affords me a more Windows 7-like experience.
Suppose you downloaded a video from BitTorrent (it's okay, I won't tell), and you want to watch that video on your iPod, Android smartphone, or even just your laptop. Depending on the format that was used to create the video (I'm looking at you, MKV)...
In response to some recent posts about YouTube, reader Miles wrote me to ask about YouTube "buffeting" (I think he means buffering, unless YouTube has started generating strong winds in his area).
One thing I really don't like about YouTube is those "related video" suggestions that immediately pop up at the end of each clip.
Ever wish you could watch that piano-playing cat at 35,000 feet? Alas, YouTube requires a live Internet connection, and Wi-Fi is still pretty hard to find in the friendly skies.
Yesterday we talked about customizing your YouTube homepage settings -- and protecting your privacy while you're at it.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Google wins latest round in Oracle legal battle
- Shoot an atom into silicon, and you may have the beginnings of a quantum computer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- CCProject Manager - Business IntelligenceVIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- CCTransition Manager / Project ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA