Owners of fixed-code garage door openers might want to consider upgrading them because a researcher has developed a technique that guesses the numbers in seconds.
Have you ever heard stories about malicious USB thumb drives frying laptops and thought they were far fetched? An electronics engineer heard them too, and then set out to create a prototype.
Industrial computer manufacturer Advantech has fixed a critical vulnerability in a series of devices that handle data communication for industrial equipment with serial connections and TCP/IP networks.
Over 5,000 devices used by gas stations in the U.S. to monitor their fuel tank levels can be manipulated from the Internet by malicious attackers.
Light bulbs equipped with Wi-Fi could soon lower your electric bills and do even more -- like scaring away burglars.
In 1993, Private Investigator Joe Seanor had wrapped up employment stints in the CIA and the Department of Justice, and was looking for something new in his professional life.
About fifteen years ago, my husband and his colleague had their laptop computers stolen out of a car. They were fearful of reporting the incident to their boss, largely because the laptops had cost the company about US$7,000 each. A $14,000 hit to th...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- 5 products Intel could cut in its reshuffle
- Tech groups call on presidential candidates to support encryption, embrace other IT issues
- Cisco patch stops attackers from taking over TelePresence systems
- Foxtel announces delayed English Premier League coverage confounding Optus' live EPL coverage debacle
- Box launches a product just for government users
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- CCData AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCJAVA ArchitectVIC
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- FTApplication Team Lead | Billing & CreditVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCInformation ArchitectACT
- CCIT Solution Architect - ApplicationsNSW
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCInstructional DesignerQLD
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW