In 2010, the Software and Information Industry Association received 157 reports of alleged corporate end user software piracy. Of the 157 reports, 42 (or 27 per cent) were judged sufficiently reliable to pursue. Of these 16 qualified for rewards tot...
The Australian Federal Police yesterday embarked on a major crackdown of counterfeit goods, including pirated software, computers and CDs and DVDs, in a move hailed by as a victory by software companies like Microsoft and representatives of the music...
Global BitTorrent news source TorrentFreak has ridiculed the veracity of a study on the legality of BitTorrent usage published by the University of Ballarat last week, labelling some of its claims "horribly wrong" and that "mistake after mistake" was...
The University of Ballarat has published a research paper claiming 89 percent of BitTorrent files it studied during a certain period were confirmed to infringe copyright, a result immediately hailed by the Australian Federation Against Copyright Thef...
U.S. President Barack Obama's administration will seek to aggressively enforce its intellectual property laws by putting pressure on countries that don't shut down piracy Web sites and by requiring all government contractors to check for illegal soft...
You might not realize it, but two out of every 10 of your co-workers might be using pirated software, according to industry statistics. You might be, too, for that matter, particularly if you work in manufacturing or at a small or midsize company wit...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 2 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 3 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 4 HTC One (M8s) review: Better value for money than HTC's flagship
- 5 ZTE Blade S6 review: A dual-SIM, 4G smartphone for less than $300
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- HP makes it official, files to spin off enterprise division
- PayPal to acquire money transfer service Xoom for $890 million
- DEA agent pleads guilty to accepting Silk Road funds
- Despite Apple Watch, Fitbit is still in the race
- Facebook tests a new way to show video - and make money from it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.