Pixel Qi is trying to meet the growing demand for its innovative 3Qi displays, and has resumed shipment after a rash of orders for the low-power screens, the company said on Wednesday.
The highly anticipated low-power 3Qi laptop displays from Pixel Qi were sold out on Thursday, just a day after the screens were officially announced and went on sale.
Pixel Qi, a display start-up that's generating buzz with a laptop screen that works well under indoor and outdoor lighting, showed off prototype touchpanel versions of the new display on Tuesday.
Want to stretch the battery life of your netbook and not worried about voiding your warranty in the process? Low-power display startup Pixel Qi is readying a do-it-yourself kit that will allow you to swap out your netbook's existing LCD screen for on...
Mary Lou Jepsen and her team at start-up Pixel Qi have their display-screen technology in several products being shown at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) and plan to put a DIY (do it yourself) screen kit on the market early this yea...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceNSW
- TPUAT LeadQLD
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderVIC
- CCSenior Security ConsultantACT
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- CCJava API DeveloperTAS
- FTOracle IDM R1/R2 Implementation SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTPortal Project ManagerNSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperNSW
- PTProject ManagersACT
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCAccount Executive - SMEVIC
- CCPlatform Services EngineerNSW
- FTProject Manager - ProcurementSA
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- TPApplications Project ManagerQLD
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationVIC
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTEngineering ManagerACT