Extending its expertise in the field of high performance computing (HPC), IBM is acquiring cluster computing software vendor Platform Computing, the companies announced Tuesday. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Enterprise servers may get a lot busier, at least if their administrators adopt one of two freshly upgraded job schedulers, both of which promise greater control in the scheduling of workloads across many servers.
Much of the talk about cloud computing in data centers has been about enterprise workloads, but high-performance computing (HPC) customers are getting some options as well.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HP Stream 11 laptop
- 2 Acer Chromebook 11 (CB3-111)
- 3 Asus Zenbook UX303LN Ultrabook
- 4 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 5 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft kills EU browser choice screen
- New undersea cable to link Australia and New Zealand
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' release after threats following cyberattack
- Forensic software gets around iCloud security features
- Human error root cause of November Microsoft Azure outage
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.