The Novell-sponsored Mono Project on Tuesday will offer a beta version of Moonlight 4, an open source Linux implementation of Microsoft's Silverlight rich Internet application plug-in that tracks the most recent Microsoft release, Silverlight 4.
Oracle executives talked up on Thursday the planned Solaris 11 release due in 2011, with the Unix OS upgrade offering advancements in availability, security, and virtualization.
Office 365: A revamped offering that combines the features of BPOS with Office 2010. From what we've seen of the Office 365 beta, it still has a long way to go before it can be considered a true turnkey solution for business.
The iPhone leads the pack when it comes to using the Web over mobile devices, according to a new study released today by Informa Telecoms &amp; Media.
After all the hype about the new MacBook Air releases last week, all the oohing and aahing over the engineering that slipped a significant amount of power and capability into such a tiny package, I was ready to be somewhat disappointed by the new 13....
One of the best ways to see what's changed with the ninth and newest version of Microsoft's Internet Explorer is to tune into beautyoftheweb.com and watch the words, images, and DIVs bounce around, luring the world into pretty images and information...
Whitepapers about platforms
Carphone Warehouse is the largest independent telecommunications retailer in Europe with over 2,000 stores and 10 million subscribers across 8 countries. Connected World Services, its B2B division, recently looked at how to build a predictable and dependable retail sales platform that was both error-free and have greater visualisation across multiple platforms. Find out how!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
- Microsoft lets cautious users try more of Windows 10’s leading edge
- A new IoT gateway design could be Bluetooth's ticket to the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW