At the heart of the fraught court battle between video gaming giant Sony and a clutch of tiny Australian technology retailers kicked off in Melbourne this month is a simple disparity between the philosophical way in which each views the PlayStation 3...
The video games industry is about to receive its biggest technological shake-up since it switched from monochrome to colour.
Sony's PlayStation Move motion-tracking "wands" may lack a killer app, but they don't miss a gesture.
Unlike most video games, which are designed to allow gamers to get it right, Heavy Rain staunchly insists that there is no such thing: much like life, there are only the choices that we make and the consequences that arise from them.
Remember the phrase "interactive movie" tossed around in the 1990s?
2009 sure went by quick, eh readers? It feels like only yesterday that we were sticking the boot into 2008's most overrated games (did Grand Theft Auto IV really come out two years ago?) Soon it'll be 2010's turn. We're putting our early bets on Heav...
PS3 Slim. It's real, and it's in stores.
Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past few days, you’ve doubtlessly heard about the PlayStation 3 Slim and accompanying $200 price drop. Next month, the big black box we know and love will be replaced with a svelte, streamlined variant t...
Last month, Sony launched VidZone for the PlayStation 3 -- an on-demand video service that offers thousands of music videos free of charge.
What came first, the motion controller or the Nintendo Wii? That is the age-old question. According to Shigeru Miyamoto, it was the latter that laid gaming's golden egg, and not the other way around.
Over the past 24 hours, Aussie and European gamers have been reeling from the news that Ghostbusters: The Videogame will be a PlayStation exclusive in PAL territories.
The PlayStation 3 is the most powerful, versatile gaming console ever made. But to tap into all that power, read our helpful quick reference guide.
Sony's community-based service for the PlayStation 3
Sony's John Kohler answers burning questions about the PlayStation 3. Can the most expensive console survive in an uncertain economy?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/JP/709Asia
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC