Sales of video conferencing and telepresence hardware systems are declining, hurt by an increase in cloud and software-based options that often are cheaper and simpler to deploy, according to an IDC study.
Videoconferencing is advertised as a tool to reduce travel expenses, but for the CEO of one of the biggest companies in the business, apparently that wasn't enough.
AT&T will expand its Business Exchange collaboration service by adding Polycom back-end infrastructure to complement the Cisco Systems technology it's been using for several years.
Polycom has acquired ViVu, a provider of software for embedding videoconferencing in websites, for an undisclosed sum.
Mobile is the new frontier of videoconferencing, with several vendors bringing mobile devices into the fold for video meetings. Polycom is set to become the latest, with high-definition calling capability on the Apple iPad, Motorola Xoom and Galaxy T...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IDC: Smartwatch sales decline for the first time
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
- Michelle Rowland to lead broadband fight for Labor
- More than half the world is still offline
- Consumer Office 365 subscription growth slows
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCCrystal reports expertACT
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCGuidewire Developer - Policy Center 8NSW
- FTAEM & AEM Forms ConsultantsWA
- CCNetwork DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Temporary Fixed TermQLD
- CCProject Coordinator/ Jr Business Analyst- Govt backgroundNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantWA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia