Sales of video conferencing and telepresence hardware systems are declining, hurt by an increase in cloud and software-based options that often are cheaper and simpler to deploy, according to an IDC study.
Videoconferencing is advertised as a tool to reduce travel expenses, but for the CEO of one of the biggest companies in the business, apparently that wasn't enough.
AT&T will expand its Business Exchange collaboration service by adding Polycom back-end infrastructure to complement the Cisco Systems technology it's been using for several years.
Polycom has acquired ViVu, a provider of software for embedding videoconferencing in websites, for an undisclosed sum.
Mobile is the new frontier of videoconferencing, with several vendors bringing mobile devices into the fold for video meetings. Polycom is set to become the latest, with high-definition calling capability on the Apple iPad, Motorola Xoom and Galaxy T...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- Box Shuttle makes it easier to ditch on-prem file storage
- Facebook wins appeal over tracking non-members in Belgium
- Terror-suspect database used by banks, governments, has been leaked
- SAP's ERP app for SMBs gets an overhaul for digital transformation
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject DirectorWA
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- FTSOE Engineer - End User ComputingQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA