Data breaches like the one just disclosed by the IRS aren't something any organization wishes for, but there's now even bigger financial incentive to avoid them than in the past.
Consumers often fail to perform transactions online due to authentication failure. But while they struggle, they also distrust websites with weak authentication procedures.
Network security pros think use of social media at work is good for business, but also creates risks they don't have the tools to address, according to a Ponemon Institute survey.
While data breaches by hackers get headlines, another form of data leakage can be very damaging to a company's bottom line, too. Most notably, that is sensitive data lost on the USB memory sticks.
A survey of 127 of cloud computing providers suggests many regard security as being mainly their customer's problem, and indeed, see their own proficiencies in low cost and speed of deployment services.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Samsung hopes Raspberry Pi can spread Tizen OS adoption
- 5G dreams in Barcelona: Cars, robots and VR games
- VMware gives enterprises a BYOD boost with three new tools
- Google adds warning to unencrypted emails
- Intel's Itanium to live an as HPE commits to new servers with the chip
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD