Data breaches like the one just disclosed by the IRS aren't something any organization wishes for, but there's now even bigger financial incentive to avoid them than in the past.
Consumers often fail to perform transactions online due to authentication failure. But while they struggle, they also distrust websites with weak authentication procedures.
Network security pros think use of social media at work is good for business, but also creates risks they don't have the tools to address, according to a Ponemon Institute survey.
While data breaches by hackers get headlines, another form of data leakage can be very damaging to a company's bottom line, too. Most notably, that is sensitive data lost on the USB memory sticks.
A survey of 127 of cloud computing providers suggests many regard security as being mainly their customer's problem, and indeed, see their own proficiencies in low cost and speed of deployment services.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCInfrastructure ManagerNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorNSW
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudACT
- FTSenior Consultant/ArchitectNSW
- CCService Desk Tier 3 EngineerQLD
- CCFullstack Developer (AngularJs & Java 8)QLD
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperSA
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystWA
- CCMainframe Project ManagerVIC
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)SA
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- FTJava Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSolution Designer - Investment/Trading PlatformNSW
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCProject Administrator-NSW
- CCSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceNSW
- FTSolution DesignerNSW