On a second-floor rooftop at NASA's Ames Research Center in Silicon Valley, Abraham Ishihara opens an electrical cabinet bursting with hundreds of wires. Each wire feeds data from an adjacent array of solar panels, helping him collect detailed inform...
The port city of Tianjin in China looked like a war zone on Thursday following a series of huge blasts the night before that left dozens dead and hundreds injured.
Japanese researchers have developed stretchable, tough electronics that could be incorporated into clothing, transforming wearable technology.
Sightings of drones flying around helicopters and airplanes have surged this year, and are likely to further fuel concerns about the possible impact on public safety and privacy of the unmanned aircraft.
It's hard not to think about "Star Trek" when you see Scanadu's Scout health sensor.
As I climbed into the Honda Pilot SUV, I didn't have high hopes.
Space X is giving its Dragon spacecraft a software upgrade so it might be able to save itself in the event of a rocket explosion.
Both the good and bad sides of drones were on display over the weekend in the U.S., with a drone delivering medical supplies to a remote area in Wise, Virginia, even as some other drones were obstructing the fighting of a wildfire in far away Califor...
NASA's New Horizons spacecraft is delivering amazing images of Pluto, but receiving them from 3 billion miles (4.8 billion kilometers) away is no easy feat.
A U.S. government agency will start its third attempt to develop voluntary privacy standards for an emerging area of technology, this time with a series of meetings on drone privacy scheduled to begin Aug. 3.
Google's new self-driving cars are on public streets. After more than a year of development and testing, the new cars made their debut on the roads around Google's headquarters in Mountain View late last week, and I went to check them out.
Recent concerns from tech luminaries about a robot apocalypse may be overblown, but artificial intelligence researchers need to start thinking about security measures as they build ever more intelligent machines, according to a group of AI experts.
If you've ever wondered whether wearable computers might one day turn into computers that are implanted in our brains, research at Harvard University suggests it's a possibility.
The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration has announced tests of drones in urban areas as well as outside the pilot's line-of-sight, possibly paving the way for operations such as the aerial delivery of packages as proposed by companies like Amazon.co...
Amateur radio has stepped in to fill communication gaps in Nepal, which is struggling with power outages and a flaky Internet after a devastating earthquake on Saturday killed over 5,000 people.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Foxtel announces delayed English Premier League coverage confounding Optus' live EPL coverage debacle
- Box launches a product just for government users
- Apple patches vulnerable OS X Git version that put developers at risk
- To go from IT to IoT, build on your skills
- FAA setting up advisory panel on drones led by Intel CEO
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Analyst Designer / AWS and AzureVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCTest Execution ManagerVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW