On a second-floor rooftop at NASA's Ames Research Center in Silicon Valley, Abraham Ishihara opens an electrical cabinet bursting with hundreds of wires. Each wire feeds data from an adjacent array of solar panels, helping him collect detailed inform...
The port city of Tianjin in China looked like a war zone on Thursday following a series of huge blasts the night before that left dozens dead and hundreds injured.
Japanese researchers have developed stretchable, tough electronics that could be incorporated into clothing, transforming wearable technology.
Sightings of drones flying around helicopters and airplanes have surged this year, and are likely to further fuel concerns about the possible impact on public safety and privacy of the unmanned aircraft.
It's hard not to think about "Star Trek" when you see Scanadu's Scout health sensor.
As I climbed into the Honda Pilot SUV, I didn't have high hopes.
Space X is giving its Dragon spacecraft a software upgrade so it might be able to save itself in the event of a rocket explosion.
Both the good and bad sides of drones were on display over the weekend in the U.S., with a drone delivering medical supplies to a remote area in Wise, Virginia, even as some other drones were obstructing the fighting of a wildfire in far away Califor...
NASA's New Horizons spacecraft is delivering amazing images of Pluto, but receiving them from 3 billion miles (4.8 billion kilometers) away is no easy feat.
A U.S. government agency will start its third attempt to develop voluntary privacy standards for an emerging area of technology, this time with a series of meetings on drone privacy scheduled to begin Aug. 3.
Google's new self-driving cars are on public streets. After more than a year of development and testing, the new cars made their debut on the roads around Google's headquarters in Mountain View late last week, and I went to check them out.
Recent concerns from tech luminaries about a robot apocalypse may be overblown, but artificial intelligence researchers need to start thinking about security measures as they build ever more intelligent machines, according to a group of AI experts.
If you've ever wondered whether wearable computers might one day turn into computers that are implanted in our brains, research at Harvard University suggests it's a possibility.
The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration has announced tests of drones in urban areas as well as outside the pilot's line-of-sight, possibly paving the way for operations such as the aerial delivery of packages as proposed by companies like Amazon.co...
Amateur radio has stepped in to fill communication gaps in Nepal, which is struggling with power outages and a flaky Internet after a devastating earthquake on Saturday killed over 5,000 people.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Smartphone market inches back to growth with Samsung holding lead
- Microsoft makes Windows 10 hardware change for PC security
- Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones
- Flaw with password manager LastPass could hand over control to hackers
- Pokémon Go craze shows Apple an augmented reality future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystVIC
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC
- FTSAP ESB Service Management SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCDrupal DeveloperWA
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT