The U.S. drone industry wants government regulations for private and commercial use of the remote-controlled devices as a way to ensure airspace safety, the head of a trade group says.
Japanese researchers want to show people what it's like to have autism by using a headset that distorts imagery of people nearby.
Researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have developed a tiny wireless trackpad that can be worn on a thumbnail.
A 56-page notebook manuscript by Alan Turing, the English mathematician considered to be the father of modern computer science, has sold at auction for $US1.025 million.
The Federal Aviation Administration has received over 2,000 comments on its proposed rules for commercial drone flights in the U.S.
The Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC) asked an appeals court on Tuesday to force the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to come up with privacy rules concerning drones.
The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration is taking too long to approve drone tests and isn't looking far enough into the future as it prepares rules for commercial drone flight, an Amazon executive told lawmakers on Tuesday.
The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration has further loosened restrictions on commercial drone flight, removing the need for companies to obtain airspace clearance for flying approved drones.
Amazon's plans for a drone delivery service took a big step forward Thursday when the Federal Aviation Administration gave the company permission to begin flight tests.
Using a drone at the South By Southwest festival might put you in jail.
The Federal Aviation Administration's proposed regulations on drones are receiving a largely favorable response from members of the public who have been motivated enough to comment on them.
The U.S. National Telecommunications and Information Administration plans to host a series of meetings with interested people aimed at developing best practices for protecting privacy in the burgeoning aerial drone industry.
Scientists at Google have produced an artificial intelligence program that can ace classic Atari video games.
Supporters of drone technology gave a mostly warm response to Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) proposals that would open U.S. skies to commercial drone flight.
The Federal Aviation Administration and Department of Transportation proposed Sunday new regulations that remove many of the barriers to commercial use of drones for applications like photography and surveying, but they don't permit the kind of autom...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New DMA Locker ransomware is ramping up for widespread attacks
- The legal mumbo jumbo on popular mobile apps can take over 24 hours to read
- Need more analytics speed? Cray wants to light a fire under your big data
- Tips and apps to improve your sales
- Why technology is so scary for three-quarters of Aussie businesses
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCCloud Service Solution LeadVIC
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- CCQA OfficerACT
- CCNetwork Technical ConsultantSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- FTSOA Tech LeadNSW
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager - Business IntelligenceVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160526/AP/506Asia
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW