Payments software vendors, PayPal and Braintree, are giving Australian developers the chance to win a round trip to Silicon Valley to compete for $US100,000 against the world’s best as part of the global Battle Hack competition.
ValidSoft is pushing forward with software it says banks can use to avoid unnecessarily blocking credit card transactions, an occasional frustration for travelers outside of their home country.
When Keith Bond bought a computerized cash register system for his Broussard, Louisiana, restaurant, he thought he was modernizing his restaurant. Today, he believes he was unwittingly opening a back door for Romanian hackers who have now cost him mo...
MasterCard today clarified a June 15 bulletin about the use of remote key injection (RKI) services for upgrading encryption protocols on merchants' point of sale (POS) terminals, saying it was not an edict.
In a purported second major security change in recent weeks, MasterCard has decided to disallow merchants' use of remote key injection (RKI) services to install new encryption keys on point-of-sale (POS) systems, says a Gartner analyst.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCETL DeveloperNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCService EngineerVIC
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW