The group developing a standard for wireless charging expects to complete its first specification within six months, opening the door for makers of cell phones, digital cameras and other devices to bring compatible products to market.
Nokia says it will replace for free millions of faulty cellphone chargers that pose a shock hazard to its users. Nokia announced the recall program Monday reporting the Nokia-branded chargers were manufactured by a third-party supplier BYD Electronic...
Wouldn't it be nice if all our mobile gadgets connected to one universal charger? According to the vice president of the European Commission, Gunter Verheugen, it's not only possible, it's already on the drawing board.Steps are being taken to standar...
In less than three weeks, the iPhone has caught up with the Palm Pre in the one area where the Pre held an undisputed lead: wireless charging. The ability to charge without wires is an idea that's been teasing us for a long time, with Palm the first ...
CTIA, the main industry association for U.S. mobile operators, has put its weight behind an initiative calling for a universal cell-phone charger.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
- Amazon replaces cashiers with AI and computer learning
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
- Google and Slack deepen partnership in the face of Microsoft Teams
- Fitbit scoops up rival fitness tracker maker Pebble
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst ( Finance/Banking)QLD
- TPSenior System Engineer - WintelVIC
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- FTTraffic / Production ManagerNSW
- FTSite Acquisition ManagerSA
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- TPApplications Project ManagerQLD
- TPCloud DevOps EngineerVIC
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- CCProject Manager - Scrum MasterNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 ConsultantNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Information ManagementVIC
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistQLD
- CCProject Manager-accommodation strategy and ABW implementationNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperSA
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationOther