Ask any good computer technician what the most important component is in your PC and the likely answer will be the power supply (also known as the PSU, or power supply unit).
The days of having to use a different power supply unit (PSU) for every laptop could be drawing to a close with reports that the IEEE industry body is looking at the possibility of a universal standard.
At a news conference attended by California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and former Secretary of State Colin Powell, a Silicon Valley start-up today took the wraps off a fuel cell designed to enable individual homes and businesses to generate their own...
Dell on Wednesday said it would start selling uninterruptible power supplies with its own brand name as it tries to expand its reach in the server space.
There's nothing to calculating how many watts your PC will need to operate properly. You total up the power needs of your processor, your motherboard, your video and sound cards, and everything else that goes inside your computer, round up to the cap...
Consumer electronics like monitors, even in standby mode, can be notorious energy hogs that silently add to monthly electricity bills. Companies are coming out with smarter devices -- including power strips, plugs and electricity monitoring devices -...
Companies are finding themselves embroiled in a power crisis as they struggle to find ways to rein in soaring energy costs -- as well as do their part to address global climate change. However, how can you be certain that the power-saving strategies ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW