As part of the beta release program for Windows 10, Microsoft has released free touchscreen versions of Excel, PowerPoint and Word through the Windows Store.
SlideShark on Tuesday updated its popular productivity app for iPhone and iPad to version 3.0, introducing a feature that lets users broadcast live PowerPoint presentations to clients, colleagues, and other viewers at remote locations.
We look at several different ways that you can convert PowerPoint to Flash
If you use PowerPoint on a regular basis, you will no doubt have been occasionally frustrated that the backgrounds available do not always match your products or presentation topic.
If you have already used most of the Microsoft PowerPoint templates and you’re looking for some new ones we've selected some of the best
In a surprise move, virtualization and cloud infrastructure specialist VMware has purchased online presentations tool SlideRocket. VMware purchased e-mail collaboration suite Zimbra earlier this year and this latest acquisition indicates VMware is st...
Now that the public beta has begun, I've had a little time to evaluate Office 365, and it's been an interesting experience. I run a small business and am already a Google Apps for Business user, so am I tempted to make the switch?
Things will get rowdier for vendors of cloud collaboration, communication and office productivity applications now that Microsoft plans to unleash a take-no-prisoners assault on the market with Office 365.
A unique online presentation tool on Thursday began letting users in multiple locations work on the same page at the same time. With Prezi Meeting, up to 10 people can access and edit Flash-based presentations made in Prezi.
Microsoft today said it will deliver 10 security updates next week to patch serious bugs in Windows, Internet Explorer (IE), Word and Excel.
As expected, Microsoft today patched a six week-old critical vulnerability in PowerPoint, the presentation maker that's part of the popular Office suite, using a single security update.
Microsoft today said it will deliver just one security update next week, a fix for PowerPoint that's probably the patch for a month-old bug that developers admitted they missed during stress testing.
For the second time in five weeks, Microsoft Corp. warned that hackers were exploiting a critical unpatched bug in its popular Office application suite.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tencent adding five data centers to target cloud users outside China
- Russian hackers use OAuth, fake Google apps to phish users
- Palantir to pay US$1.7 million to settle racial hiring bias claim
- Old Windows Server machines can still fend off hacks. Here's how
- Huawei, Google supercharge Android with new Raspberry Pi-like board
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMWA
- CCService Delivery Analyst -Port MacquarieNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Wealth Advice/SuperannuationNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerACT
- CCSoftware Licencing SpecialistNSW
- CCCitrix SpecialistVIC
- FTHTML DeveloperNSW
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- FTAgile Scrum Master/TrainerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTSenior Digital Business Analyst, AGILE, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- FTNetwork Engineer - CCNP - WeipaQLD
- CCEngineer/Developer - Comptel - TelcoVIC
- FTERP Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager, Asset Vision- SaaS, PaaS- Gov backgroundNSW
- TPFront-End DeveloperNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTCampaign ManagerNSW