More data and unlimited weekend calls are the big benefits of Optus’ revised prepaid plans as the carrier endeavours to promote the benefits of its expanding 4G network.
Vodafone is offering unmetered international calls and double the data on select plans as it leverages its global network to compete in the Australian prepaid market.
Vodafone has reduced its international call rates for prepaid customers in 12 countries in a bid to become the cheapest telecommunications provider for Australians travelling overseas.
Electronics retailer, Dick Smith, will be giving away $30 of Globalgig credit with any SIM-enabled tablet purchased between December 5, 2013, and January 31, 2014.
Vodafone will double the data allowance on its $30 prepaid cap from 500MB to 1GB as part of a Christmas promotion, but the deal is a limited one that will only run until the end of January 2014.
Telstra wholesaler, ispONE, has filed an application with the Federal Court seeking to restrain Telstra from terminating the supply of prepaid mobile services to ispONE.
HTC is set to bring back its Desire brand to the smartphone market, following a video of an upcoming device being published by Vietnamese blog TheGioididong.com.
German supermarket chain Aldi will soon become a low cost, pre-paid mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) in Australia, according to Android blog Ausdroid.
Vodafone has cited "concern" from its pre-paid customers as a reason for abandoning plans to charge data in per megabyte (MB) blocks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- AMD gets into SSDs with value Radeon R3 drives
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Google Slides makes it easier to talk back to presenters
- Google turns on HTTPS for all blogspot blogs
- Critical flaws in ImageMagick library expose websites to hacking
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCMEAN Stack DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD