The aging FTP and Telnet protocols are considered unsafe, and HP has decided to clamp down on access to network printers via those protocols.
HP has a plan to offset its declining printer revenue: Buy the printing business of Samsung Electronics.
HP has announced the arrival of 15 new laser and inkjet printers at an Asia Pacific launch event held in Macau.
Ding dong the cartridge has gone. Well, maybe it has. Not in all printers but certainly in Epson's newly revealed range of EcoTank printers which got the right royal treatment with a special launch at the Park Hyatt Hotel in Sydney.
Cheap-as-chips all-in-one printers are not a new concept. Nor is the task of paying more for ink than the printer is worth. It’s how the manufacturers make their money on these products. But what is new with HP’s DeskJet 3630 all-in-one printer is th...
Dell is taking its printers to the Cloud as people increasingly use smartphones and tablets to access remote documents.
HP has introduced a new breed of LaserJet printers that are smaller in footprint and more efficient when it comes to toner usage and energy consumption. The cornerstone technology of these laser printers is HP’s JetIntelligence cartridges, and it’s a...
Hewlett-Packard is bringing significant advances to its laser printers so more prints and savings can be squeezed out of a single cartridge.
It might not exactly sound appealing to live in, but a Chinese company has constructed two buildings using a 3D printer that recycles industrial waste to form new building material.
3D printing has lost its novelty value a bit, but new printing materials that MakerBot plans to release will soon make it a lot more interesting again.
Thirteen-year-old Shubham Banerjee had to borrow money from his parents to create his first low-cost Braille printer, but he won't need to rely on the kindness of friends and family for more cash any time soon.
3D printing could become faster, cheaper and more efficient with Hewlett-Packard entering the market.
Reversing the corporate strategy CEO Meg Whitman set three years ago, Hewlett-Packard is set to announce as early as Monday that it will split off its PC and printer business into a separate, publicly traded company, according to the Wall Street Jour...
Microsoft is extending its 3D modeling and printing application to the cloud, allowing users to create and print 3D objects with unconventional materials such as metals and ceramics.
Epson has launched its PrecisionCore inkjet technology in Australia and claims the technology poses a major threat to the laser printing industry.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm's new chip may be too late as ARM server market fades
- Democrats unveil bill to probe Russia's role in alleged election hacks
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
- Amazon replaces cashiers with AI and computer learning
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPProcurement Support AnalystNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- CCJava Developer - Baseline Clearance requiredVIC
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD
- CCProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)NSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerWA
- CCProject Finance Analyst (Contract)VIC
- TPFull Stack Web DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSalesforce Solutions Architect/DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTInfrastructure AnalystQLD
- CCAgile TesterNSW
- FTEngineering ManagerACT
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Test Manager - Defence ProjectVIC
- FTMigration ArchitectSA
- CCPerformance Test AnalystSA
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Network ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTICT Manager - DefenceACT
- CCLead Enterprise Solution Architect - CloudNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer - C/C++NSW