Among other things, the iPad is a great way to save paper: It lets you carry around all kinds of digital documents that you might otherwise have had to print.
If you're printing off a stack of photos this Christmas — maybe as a gift for a friend, or maybe to use as impromptu postcards or Christmas cards -- it's very easy to buy some ink, a stack of 6x4in paper, and run off a series of prints on your ...
You don't need an oversize printer to produce large prints of your photos. A number of software programs can split an image into A4 sections that can be printed out and stitched together.
Whatever else you may do with your PC, it's likely that you print out at very least the odd letter, document or photograph. Papers and inks can be expensive, so printing wisely isn't just a matter of choosing the right printer for the job; you also n...
Getting printed output that matches what you see on screen is a bugbear of most graphic designers and digital artists, so here's the colour geeks at Colour Confidence's guide to producing perfect prints.
Your PC will crash, your camera will break, your network will fail, and your printer will chew up paper.
My wife's laptop suffers from a seriously annoying problem: Sometimes print jobs get stuck in the queue. I'm not sure if this is the result of a driver issue or the fact that she's using a Wi-Fi connection to the printer--could be both.
A few days ago, the missus shoved some sheets of paper in my face and demanded, "Why are Web pages printing big all of a sudden?"
Photo printers come in all shapes and sizes. Here's how to figure out which one is right for you.
With inkjet printer prices so low, and inkjet replacement cartridge prices so high, is it cheaper to replace your printer instead of buying new ink? That's the debate sparked at Digg's tech page when a user posted a photo comparing deskjet ink prices...
Printers: Can't live with them, can't nuke them. You could always toss a misbehaving inkjet or laser out the window, but where would that leave you? Truth be told, we need our printers, despite their maddening quirks. Here's a saner idea: Take a deep...
Raw printer speeds keep improving each year, but we always seem to want documents to come out just a little bit faster. Thankfully, you can use a few tricks to boost printer performance. Whether you got a bargain inkjet in a bundle with your home PC ...
Suppose you have just taken an award-winning photo with perfect composition, great exposure, and a Pulitzer Prize-worthy subject. Or, at the very least, you've managed to avoid the five most common photo mistakes, and you want to hang the result in t...
I've written before about ways you can save money on pricey printer consumables.
Here's a quick trick to cut down on printer consumables: downsize your output so that two pages fit on single sheet of paper.("Honey, I shrunk the Word document!") It's easy to do, and it can save you up to 50 percent on your printing costs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCFusion Middleware DeveloperACT
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCSolution Architect_Microsoft ArchitectureACT
- CCProject Manager, Network, FinanceNSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSharePoint Web DeveloperACT
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCService ModellerNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia