Among other things, the iPad is a great way to save paper: It lets you carry around all kinds of digital documents that you might otherwise have had to print.
If you're printing off a stack of photos this Christmas — maybe as a gift for a friend, or maybe to use as impromptu postcards or Christmas cards -- it's very easy to buy some ink, a stack of 6x4in paper, and run off a series of prints on your ...
You don't need an oversize printer to produce large prints of your photos. A number of software programs can split an image into A4 sections that can be printed out and stitched together.
Whatever else you may do with your PC, it's likely that you print out at very least the odd letter, document or photograph. Papers and inks can be expensive, so printing wisely isn't just a matter of choosing the right printer for the job; you also n...
Getting printed output that matches what you see on screen is a bugbear of most graphic designers and digital artists, so here's the colour geeks at Colour Confidence's guide to producing perfect prints.
Your PC will crash, your camera will break, your network will fail, and your printer will chew up paper.
My wife's laptop suffers from a seriously annoying problem: Sometimes print jobs get stuck in the queue. I'm not sure if this is the result of a driver issue or the fact that she's using a Wi-Fi connection to the printer--could be both.
A few days ago, the missus shoved some sheets of paper in my face and demanded, "Why are Web pages printing big all of a sudden?"
Photo printers come in all shapes and sizes. Here's how to figure out which one is right for you.
With inkjet printer prices so low, and inkjet replacement cartridge prices so high, is it cheaper to replace your printer instead of buying new ink? That's the debate sparked at Digg's tech page when a user posted a photo comparing deskjet ink prices...
Printers: Can't live with them, can't nuke them. You could always toss a misbehaving inkjet or laser out the window, but where would that leave you? Truth be told, we need our printers, despite their maddening quirks. Here's a saner idea: Take a deep...
Raw printer speeds keep improving each year, but we always seem to want documents to come out just a little bit faster. Thankfully, you can use a few tricks to boost printer performance. Whether you got a bargain inkjet in a bundle with your home PC ...
Suppose you have just taken an award-winning photo with perfect composition, great exposure, and a Pulitzer Prize-worthy subject. Or, at the very least, you've managed to avoid the five most common photo mistakes, and you want to hang the result in t...
I've written before about ways you can save money on pricey printer consumables.
Here's a quick trick to cut down on printer consumables: downsize your output so that two pages fit on single sheet of paper.("Honey, I shrunk the Word document!") It's easy to do, and it can save you up to 50 percent on your printing costs.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- CCSenior Project EngineerACT
- CCConsumer Social Specialist / Campaign Manager (Digital)VIC
- FTEUC Solution Architect l Large Transformation ProjectNSW
- CCJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGNSW
- CCService Management Analyst (Part-Time)NSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- TPSenior Network Engineer (Newcastle Based)NSW
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- FTWinforms Developer - European Integration ProgramVIC
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- CCProgram Business Change Director - HR PayrollNSW
- CCITSM Process ExpertNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistQLD
- FTPractice AdvisorQLD
- CCJava DeveloperWA