Epson Australia has announced what it is calling The Future of Business Printing - WorkForce Pro RIPS, which stands for Replaceable Ink Pack System, a new way for SMBs to cut costs and improve efficiencies when it comes to office colour printing.
Canberra 3D printing start-up, Hardcotton, has developed what it claims is the world’s first pressure-controlled 3D printer, a device which requires minimal human interaction.
Epson has launched its PrecisionCore inkjet technology in Australia and claims the technology poses a major threat to the laser printing industry.
Here are the nine most common 3D printer technologies
Guns produced with 3D printers pose a public safety risk that's beyond the ability of regulators to control it, a U.S. Department of Homeland Security bulletin to law enforcement agencies warned this week.
Google on Monday started rolling out a new feature in the U.S. that lets people send documents to be printed on remote printers from their Android devices and iPhones.
Hewlett-Packard on Wednesday added mobile printing to its enterprise services offerings, giving BlackBerry users a new way to print documents on the go.
Google is unveiling early-stage designs, software code and documentation of a project whose goal is to let users of the company's Chrome OS operating system print documents to any printer from any application.
Printer management has long been the bane of IT departments, but a Melbourne-based wine company has reduced its printing costs by using a managed print service with its in-house label production.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's new Zo chatbot dodges politics, doesn't always make sense
- Privacy groups urge investigation of 'internet of toys'
- Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube will share terror content info
- AT&T means business with a 5G trial at Intel
- How to password protect a PDF before sending it by email
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationACT
- FTProject Finance Analyst (Contract)NSW
- CCSenior Web Content AuthorACT
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- CCProject Manager / Senior Business AnalystNSW
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD
- CCProject Manager DW BINSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerWA
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)SA
- CCTrigger TechniciansNSW
- FTSolution Architect with end user (EUC) computing experienceNSW
- CCJava Developer - Baseline Clearance requiredVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- FTSalesforce Solutions Architect/DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCFullstack Developer (AngularJs & Java 8)QLD
- CCDevelopment Lead - JavaNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTChange ManagerSA
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Network EngineerSA
- CCTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW