Before you throw away that old hard drive, make sure you purge the memory clean. A new study has found that most users are accidentally giving up photos, social security numbers and financial data, by failing to properly delete the files on their re...
Microsoft-LinkedIn deal: ‘Don’t let exciting possibilities blind you to privacy and security concerns’
Forrester analysts discuss implications of the US$26.2 billion acquisition.
The journalists' union has condemned as an attack on press freedom raids staged overnight by the Australian Federal Police.
We’re all used to hype, and we can forgive genuine enthusiasm for shiny new technologies, but many of the claims being made for blockchain are just beyond the pale, writes Steve Wilson of Constellation Research.
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has indicated that the government will work with the private sector to counteract the use of encryption technologies by criminals, invoking the now-resolved standoff between Apple and the FBI over the issue.
With privacy and secrecy functions a given in competing messaging systems, BlackBerry is dropping the subscription fee for users of the 'retract' and 'timer' functions of its cross-platform BBM messaging app.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has taken a major step toward new regulations requiring Internet service providers to get customer permission before using or sharing their Web-surfing history and most other personal information.
A fresh analysis of documents disclosed by former U.S. intelligence contractor Edward Snowden shows that AT&T has been a much closer and eager partner for the National Security Agency's Internet spying activities than was previously known.
Mozilla wants to make private browsing truly private.
It's possible for companies to design their encryption systems to allow law enforcement agencies to access customer data with court-ordered warrants while still offering solid security, U.S. Department of Justice officials said.
If you're worried about Big Brother monitoring you from security cameras, Japan has developed eyewear that can keep you anonymous.
A talk about a radio-based privacy device dubbed ProxyHam that promised to allow hackers to connect to Wi-Fi networks from as far as 2.5 miles away was abruptly pulled from the DEF CON schedule by its creator a few weeks ago.
Republican presidential candidate and former tech-executive Carly Fiorina has called on Apple and Google to provide greater access to information about their users to the FBI and law enforcement in order to aid investigations.
Powerful tech industry groups have asked the U.S. Senate to drop a plan to require Internet companies to report terrorist activity on their platforms, as the provision could potentially raise privacy issues for users.
Privacy concerns have delayed a U.S. Senate vote on a controversial cyberthreat information-sharing bill until lawmakers return from a month-long recess.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft appears to be building a business app marketplace
- Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- Box Shuttle makes it easier to ditch on-prem file storage
- Facebook wins appeal over tracking non-members in Belgium
- Terror-suspect database used by banks, governments, has been leaked
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnologyOne System Administration and DevelopmentACT
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- FTTableau BI DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCICT Engineer - SecurityQLD
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC