Facebook must stop collecting information about WhatsApp users in Germany, a local privacy watchdog has ordered.
Tech luminaries Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple, and Jimmy Wales, founder of Wikipedia, have joined a new campaign pushing for a pardon of National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden.
IBM has responded to the Census debacle after a conspicuous silence in the wake of Tuesday night’s website meltdown.
Hackers love health apps because their popularity has outpaced the industry's ability to safeguard them. Technology experts discussed the privacy and security risks at a House hearing July 14 with the Energy and Commerce subcommittee.
Before you throw away that old hard drive, make sure you purge the memory clean. A new study has found that most users are accidentally giving up photos, social security numbers and financial data, by failing to properly delete the files on their re...
Microsoft-LinkedIn deal: ‘Don’t let exciting possibilities blind you to privacy and security concerns’
Forrester analysts discuss implications of the US$26.2 billion acquisition.
The journalists' union has condemned as an attack on press freedom raids staged overnight by the Australian Federal Police.
We’re all used to hype, and we can forgive genuine enthusiasm for shiny new technologies, but many of the claims being made for blockchain are just beyond the pale, writes Steve Wilson of Constellation Research.
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has indicated that the government will work with the private sector to counteract the use of encryption technologies by criminals, invoking the now-resolved standoff between Apple and the FBI over the issue.
With privacy and secrecy functions a given in competing messaging systems, BlackBerry is dropping the subscription fee for users of the 'retract' and 'timer' functions of its cross-platform BBM messaging app.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has taken a major step toward new regulations requiring Internet service providers to get customer permission before using or sharing their Web-surfing history and most other personal information.
A fresh analysis of documents disclosed by former U.S. intelligence contractor Edward Snowden shows that AT&T has been a much closer and eager partner for the National Security Agency's Internet spying activities than was previously known.
Mozilla wants to make private browsing truly private.
It's possible for companies to design their encryption systems to allow law enforcement agencies to access customer data with court-ordered warrants while still offering solid security, U.S. Department of Justice officials said.
If you're worried about Big Brother monitoring you from security cameras, Japan has developed eyewear that can keep you anonymous.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Physical RAM attack can root Android and possibly other devices
- Chinese firm recalls camera products linked to massive DDOS attack
- Not robocop, but robojudge? AI learns to rule in human rights cases
- French surveillance law is unconstitutional after all, highest court says
- WikiLeaks says it doesn’t collaborate with states
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- FTIntegration SpecialistSA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - Payroll SystemsSA
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCCloud Security Services SpecialistVIC
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- CCData ScientistVIC