As Facebook began rolling out a global advertising network on Monday that will capitalize on all it knows from tracking users across the web, German consumer organizations immediately raised their voices in protest.
Facebook's appeal against the collection by law enforcement in New York of bulk user data under a gag order has been accepted.
A new social network is generating buzz for its hard stance against paid advertising and data collection. But how the site really works, when it comes to privacy, is a little more nuanced.
The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation is concerned about moves by Apple and Google to include encryption on smartphones, the agency's director said Thursday.
The amount of personal information held by firms like Google and Facebook has made them ripe targets for data-hungry governments and intelligence agencies. But the bull's-eye on Yahoo's back may be losing its appeal.
Google, Dropbox and the Open Technology Fund are supporting a new organization focused on making open-source security and privacy tools more user-friendly.
Legislation introduced in the U.S. Senate on Thursday aims to place limits on access by U.S. law enforcement agencies to emails and other communications stored abroad.
An electronic case-handling dashboard and a network of specialists will be created to help EU data protection authorities deal with complaints filed by people whose requests to delete search results based on a recent "right-to-be-forgotten" ruling is...
Nine months after revealing plans to develop a decentralized and encrypted chat application, BitTorrent has opened public testing for Windows, Mac and Android versions of the program Wednesday.
Yelp has agreed to pay US$450,000 to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission to settle charges that the company accepted registrations to its services from children under 13 through its apps.
The U.S. Congress is unlikely to pass legislation to end the National Security Agency's widespread collection of U.S. telephone records before leaving Washington, D.C., on a two-month break.
The attorney general of the U.S. state of Connecticut is concerned about the privacy implications of Apple Watch's handling of consumers' health information.
What should happen to your personal digital communications -- emails, chats, photos and the like -- after you die? Should they be treated like physical letters for the purposes of a will?
A software development project launched Monday aims to create free tools that simplify the encryption of online forms of communication like email, instant messaging, SMS and more by solving the complexity associated with the exchange and management o...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Cloudflare wants to secure IoT connections to the internet
- Acer's Nitro 5 is a laptop that lets casual gamers get reckless
- Newegg has lowered the price of HP's Stream 11 Pro G2 to $180
- Acer's Predator X27 G-Sync HDR monitor is infused with every feature you could ask for
- How to find the Windows 10 Creators Update's hidden desktop themes
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical LeadVIC
- CCSenior UNIX AdministratorNSW
- FTWFM Support Analyst (Kronos)NSW
- FTSQL Server Database DeveloperSA
- FTInfrastructure Architect - UrgentSA
- FTRecruitment ConsultantSA
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Business Development Manager| SMSF/Accounting SoftwareNSW
- FTSecurity Engineer (IPS & Firewall exp essential) - Perm - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- FTSystem AnalystSA
- FTProcess Analyst - Green BeltVIC
- FTSAP Fiori Technical SpecialistsACT
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- FTSystems Development Assistant Team LeadNSW
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- FTNetwork Solution Architect - PresalesNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperACT
- CCSAP ISU Device Management ConsultantVIC
- FTICT Program Manager- Transformation - Gov backgroundNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW