Banning the use of privacy and proxy services to hide details of domain name registrants would scarcely inconvenience criminals but would have privacy implications for lawful users of those services, according to a study.
The U.S. National Security Agency has been allowed to continue to collect phone records in bulk of people in the country, while lawmakers consider new legislation that would block the agency from collecting the data.
The U.S. House of Representatives has voted to limit the National Security Agency's ability to search U.S. records, after a similar provision was stripped out of a bill intended to rein in the agency.
Responding to more than a year of pressure, Google and Microsoft will follow Apple in adding an anti-theft "kill switch" to their smartphone operating systems, U.S. law enforcement officials will announce later Thursday.
Mining personal data to deliver targeted ads is the lifeblood of Google's business -- and of many other online firms. But what if that data dries up at the source?
The Irish High Court has referred to a 14-year-old agreement governing the exchange of personal data between the European Union and the U.S. to the EU's top court.
British spies are authorized to spy on British citizens' Internet communications transiting through servers outside the U.K., a civil rights group has discovered.
A federal judge's order on Friday could force the U.S. government to reveal more information about its widespread collection of citizens' phone records.
Personal information, including Social Security numbers and call records, was accessed for an unknown number of AT&T Mobility customers by people outside of the company, AT&T has confirmed.
Facebook is moving to offer users a familiar trade-off: their browsing privacy in return for more targeted advertising. Those who find that no deal at all will be able to use opt-out tools, but all users will be given a little more control over the a...
A U.S. federal appeals court ruled Wednesday that law enforcement officials need to have a warrant to access phone location data from cellular carriers.
As software vendors tend to do during their big annual user conferences, SAP made a lot of promises to customers this week at Sapphire. The overarching theme was a desire to make SAP's software simpler and its customers' lives easier.
A debate in the U.S. about whether the National Security Agency should end its bulk collection of U.S. telephone and business records has come down to an argument over the meaning of the word "bulk."
EU justice ministers on Friday reached a partial agreement on planned new data privacy laws, but still disagree about how to implement them.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
- Twitter offers new timeline feature
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCIBM InfoSphere ConsultantACT
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCSharePoint Web DeveloperACT
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCOracle Test LeadNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW