A court in Austria has ruled that the country's data retention law is unconstitutional as it violates fundamental European privacy rights.
Facebook user data in bulk was sought last year by the New York County District Attorney's office and a court directed it to produce virtually all records and communications for 381 accounts, the company disclosed Thursday.
The Digital Advertising Alliance, a consortium of advertising trade groups, will roll out two new apps later this year aimed at giving mobile device users a choice of what ads they see.
Google has begun removing search results in compliance with a European court ruling that search engine providers must respond to requests to delete links to outdated information about a person.
A facial recognition trade group's proposals for privacy standards are an "extreme" departure from U.S. expectations on how personal data should be handled, a privacy advocate said Tuesday.
Congress needs to do more to protect private data of U.S. citizens from government surveillance and the misuse of technology by companies, a top Microsoft executive said Tuesday.
Banning the use of privacy and proxy services to hide details of domain name registrants would scarcely inconvenience criminals but would have privacy implications for lawful users of those services, according to a study.
The U.S. National Security Agency has been allowed to continue to collect phone records in bulk of people in the country, while lawmakers consider new legislation that would block the agency from collecting the data.
The U.S. House of Representatives has voted to limit the National Security Agency's ability to search U.S. records, after a similar provision was stripped out of a bill intended to rein in the agency.
Responding to more than a year of pressure, Google and Microsoft will follow Apple in adding an anti-theft "kill switch" to their smartphone operating systems, U.S. law enforcement officials will announce later Thursday.
Mining personal data to deliver targeted ads is the lifeblood of Google's business -- and of many other online firms. But what if that data dries up at the source?
The Irish High Court has referred to a 14-year-old agreement governing the exchange of personal data between the European Union and the U.S. to the EU's top court.
British spies are authorized to spy on British citizens' Internet communications transiting through servers outside the U.K., a civil rights group has discovered.
A federal judge's order on Friday could force the U.S. government to reveal more information about its widespread collection of citizens' phone records.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Amazon's Elastic File System is now open for business
- ACLU lawsuit challenges US computer hacking law
- Mapping firm invites auto industry to improve spec for sharing vehicle sensor data
- Wormable flaws in Symantec products expose millions of computers to hacking
- Oracle pledges 'x86 economics' with new Sparc servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- CCIT Helpdesk Support- Remedy ticketing systemNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCProject ControllerQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia