A U.S. House of Representatives committee has taken a major step toward outlawing the NSA's controversial bulk collection of telephone and other business records generated by U.S. residents.
Dropbox has disabled old shared document links in a bid to prevent its users' files from being accessed by unintended recipients.
Web users and developers should take new steps to avoid surveillance by the U.S. National Security Agency and other spy organizations, a group of privacy and digital rights advocates said Monday.
The U.S. and German governments remain far from an agreement on the appropriate level of surveillance by the U.S. National Security Agency on German residents, leaders of both countries said Friday.
Congress should take action to protect privacy in response to a growing big-data revolution, a White House panel has recommended, but its report does not address wide-ranging surveillance and data-collection programs at the U.S. National Security Age...
Google will no longer scan the email messages of students and other school staff who use its Google Apps for Education suite, exempting about 30 million users from the chronically controversial practice for Gmail advertising.
Cybercriminals stole debit card information from customers of dozens of financial institutions in a phishing campaign that combined rogue text messages and with VoIP calls.
Police shouldn't be able to search suspects' mobile phones at the time of arrest because of the huge amounts of private information now stored on those devices, lawyers for two criminal defendants argued before U.S. Supreme Court Tuesday.
When's the last time you thought about using different passwords for different websites? Perhaps after a bug called Heartbleed started crawling around them.
U.S. officials applauded the outcome of this week's NETmundial conference on Internet governance while downplaying its strong language on surveillance and disagreements on net neutrality.
Rather than delete your entire browsing history after visiting a website you want to keep secret, there's an easy way to remove individual sites.
The security researcher who identified an admin backdoor in a range of routers last year has found that Netgear's patches don't adequately address the security issue.
The Tor Project has flagged 380 Tor relays vulnerable to the critical Heartbleed flaw to be rejected from the Tor anonymity network, reducing the network's entry and exit capacity.
Canadian police have arrested a 19-year-old man for allegedly using the Heartbleed bug to steal data about taxpayers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCData ArchitectSA
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperACT
- CCMS Exchange Support EngineerNSW
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCWAN Contract ManagerACT
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCProject Master SchedulerVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160615/ITA/922Asia
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW