A federal appeals court in Ohio has ruled that a person who accidentally "pocket dials" someone shouldn't expect any overheard conversation to be considered private.
Microsoft will make it easier for people to request the removal of links to intimate images or videos from the company's Bing search engine if such content was posted online without their consent.
A New York judge ruled Tuesday that Facebook has no legal standing to challenge the constitutionality of search warrants served on its users, highlighting the limits to online companies' abilities to protect user privacy.
There's an old saying in the security community: Attacks always get better. The latest case where that holds true is for the aging RC4 cipher that's still widely used to encrypt communications on the Internet.
Air passengers entering or leaving the European Union could soon have their personal details stored and shared among EU countries, after lawmakers voted Wednesday to move forward with the proposal.
Newly leaked figures reveal that the vast majority of people who exercised their right to be "forgotten" by Google's services in Europe are everyday members of the public, with just 5 percent of requests coming from criminals, politicians and high-pr...
A Vietnamese man linked to a data breach of 200 million personal records at a subsidiary of credit monitoring firm Experian has been sentenced to 13 years in prison, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
A U.S. appeals court should immediately shut down the National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic telephone records because the practice is illegal, the American Civil Liberties Union said.
A U.S. government agency will start its third attempt to develop voluntary privacy standards for an emerging area of technology, this time with a series of meetings on drone privacy scheduled to begin Aug. 3.
Privacy concerns might throw a wrench into companies' plans to make Internet-connected devices mainstream fixtures in the home.
U.S. tech companies should retain access to the encrypted information of their customers, instead of providing end-to-end encryption, in order to give police the tools they need to investigate crimes and terrorist activity, two senior law enforcement...
The "possibility exists" for the U.S. Department of Justice to cut a deal that would allow surveillance leaker Edward Snowden to return to the U.S., a former attorney general said in a media interview.
Privacy group wants Google to forget more... Programmer escapes vampire squid... Self-driving cars evade human menace... and more tech news
A hacker group known as Team GhostShell is publishing snippets of sensitive data allegedly stolen from the databases of hundreds of compromised websites.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- New GDDR6 memory could hit GPUs in 2018
- Google is using AI to compress images better than JPEG
- Hackers tap vBulletin vulnerability to break into 27 million more accounts
- Telegram's encryption stymies French police but pleases their bosses
- NYT says Moscow bureau was targeted by cyberattack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTDB2 Systems ProgrammerWA
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCProject Coordinator - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Change & RleaseACT
- CCIBM ODM Expert (Operation Decision Manager)ACT
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA