A New York judge ruled Tuesday that Facebook has no legal standing to challenge the constitutionality of search warrants served on its users, highlighting the limits to online companies' abilities to protect user privacy.
There's an old saying in the security community: Attacks always get better. The latest case where that holds true is for the aging RC4 cipher that's still widely used to encrypt communications on the Internet.
Air passengers entering or leaving the European Union could soon have their personal details stored and shared among EU countries, after lawmakers voted Wednesday to move forward with the proposal.
Newly leaked figures reveal that the vast majority of people who exercised their right to be "forgotten" by Google's services in Europe are everyday members of the public, with just 5 percent of requests coming from criminals, politicians and high-pr...
A Vietnamese man linked to a data breach of 200 million personal records at a subsidiary of credit monitoring firm Experian has been sentenced to 13 years in prison, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
A U.S. appeals court should immediately shut down the National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic telephone records because the practice is illegal, the American Civil Liberties Union said.
A U.S. government agency will start its third attempt to develop voluntary privacy standards for an emerging area of technology, this time with a series of meetings on drone privacy scheduled to begin Aug. 3.
Privacy concerns might throw a wrench into companies' plans to make Internet-connected devices mainstream fixtures in the home.
U.S. tech companies should retain access to the encrypted information of their customers, instead of providing end-to-end encryption, in order to give police the tools they need to investigate crimes and terrorist activity, two senior law enforcement...
The "possibility exists" for the U.S. Department of Justice to cut a deal that would allow surveillance leaker Edward Snowden to return to the U.S., a former attorney general said in a media interview.
Privacy group wants Google to forget more... Programmer escapes vampire squid... Self-driving cars evade human menace... and more tech news
A hacker group known as Team GhostShell is publishing snippets of sensitive data allegedly stolen from the databases of hundreds of compromised websites.
A U.S. surveillance court has extended a controversial telephone records dragnet while the National Security Agency works to wind down the program on orders from Congress.
Despite a big push over the past few years to use encryption to combat security breaches, lack of expertise among developers and overly complex libraries have led to widespread implementation failures in business applications.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Innovation: Not with a boom but a whisper
- HPE has won US$3 billion in a lawsuit against Oracle
- Tesla's autopilot is being investigated after a fatal crash
- Will NBN be the biggest loser in Saturday’s Federal Election?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTInformation Security ConsultantACT
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCSharePoint Consultant - Office 365NSW
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCAgile Product Manager/ UX, Web, Digital Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW