Verizon Communications received more than 320,000 requests for customer information from U.S. federal, state and local law enforcement agencies in 2013, more than 100 times the number of requests from any other country, the telecom carrier said in it...
Twelve U.S. companies, including Internet service provider Level 3 Communications and BitTorrent, the company behind the popular peer-to-peer file-sharing protocol, have agreed to settle U.S. Federal Trade Commission charges that they falsely claimed...
Two Mexican nationals have been arrested in Texas after they allegedly attempted to enter the U.S. with fraudulent credit cards that could be tied to the massive Target data breach.
The way to get Google to comply with data privacy laws is to hit the company where it hurts: its bank balance, the European Union's Justice Commissioner said Monday.
Changes in Google Chrome extension ownership can expose thousands of users to aggressive advertising and possibly other threats, two extension developers have recently discovered.
U.S. President Barack Obama failed to address the National Security Agency's reported efforts to weaken encryption standards and circumvent online encryption technologies in a speech Friday about surveillance reform.
U.S. President Barack Obama's proposed changes to the National Security Agency's surveillance programs don't go far enough, some technology and digital rights groups said, while others hailed it as a good first step.
U.S. President Barack Obama called for changes to U.S. National Security Agency surveillance, with new privacy advocates assigned to a surveillance court and a transition away from a controversial telephone records collection program in the U.S.
Massive amounts of unstructured data are held in the form of PDF documents, but extracting key figures and words out of PDFs in a programmatic manner can be difficult and costly. This poses a challenge to public-interest groups, journalists and other...
If snooping by the U.S. National Security Agency isn't enough to make you worry about your privacy, Japan's Fujitsu Laboratories has developed a fast method to perform secret searches of data that is encrypted.
Playing on mobile users' fears of commercial and government surveillance, two companies are building a phone they say is designed to protect privacy. The joint venture between smartphone manufacturer Geeksphone and encrypted communications provider S...
Google has lodged an appeal against the €150,000 (US$205,000) fine imposed by the French privacy watchdog, a company spokesman said Tuesday.
Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court judges have said the creation of a privacy advocate in the secret court could be counterproductive and hamper its work.
Recommendations by a presidential panel to overhaul a U.S. National Security Agency phone records collection program could impede efforts to track terrorism suspects, some senators suggested Tuesday.
The CEO of retailer Target revealed Saturday in an interview that the company's point-of-sale (PoS) systems were infected with malware, confirming what security experts suspected since the massive data breach was announced in mid-December.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Intel beefs up VR ammo with Extreme Edition Core i7 chips
- Qualcomm wants to make kids' wearables a thing
- Indian minister holds out hope for Apple stores
- Move over Skylake: An Asus PC with Intel's Kaby Lake chip is coming in Q3
- Nvidia chief downplays challenge from Google’s AI chip
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTData EngineersNSW
- CCOracle Applications Team LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCOperations Systems Support ManagerNSW
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- FTSOE Operations SpecialistACT
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTInformatica Powercenter SpecialistNSW
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD