U.S. President Barack Obama failed to address the National Security Agency's reported efforts to weaken encryption standards and circumvent online encryption technologies in a speech Friday about surveillance reform.
U.S. President Barack Obama's proposed changes to the National Security Agency's surveillance programs don't go far enough, some technology and digital rights groups said, while others hailed it as a good first step.
U.S. President Barack Obama called for changes to U.S. National Security Agency surveillance, with new privacy advocates assigned to a surveillance court and a transition away from a controversial telephone records collection program in the U.S.
Massive amounts of unstructured data are held in the form of PDF documents, but extracting key figures and words out of PDFs in a programmatic manner can be difficult and costly. This poses a challenge to public-interest groups, journalists and other...
If snooping by the U.S. National Security Agency isn't enough to make you worry about your privacy, Japan's Fujitsu Laboratories has developed a fast method to perform secret searches of data that is encrypted.
Playing on mobile users' fears of commercial and government surveillance, two companies are building a phone they say is designed to protect privacy. The joint venture between smartphone manufacturer Geeksphone and encrypted communications provider S...
Google has lodged an appeal against the €150,000 (US$205,000) fine imposed by the French privacy watchdog, a company spokesman said Tuesday.
Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court judges have said the creation of a privacy advocate in the secret court could be counterproductive and hamper its work.
Recommendations by a presidential panel to overhaul a U.S. National Security Agency phone records collection program could impede efforts to track terrorism suspects, some senators suggested Tuesday.
The CEO of retailer Target revealed Saturday in an interview that the company's point-of-sale (PoS) systems were infected with malware, confirming what security experts suspected since the massive data breach was announced in mid-December.
A group of activist groups and Internet companies are planning a coordinated protest of U.S. National Security Agency surveillance on Feb. 11, with the hope that millions of people will join them.
Snapchat has incorporated a phone number opt-out feature into its mobile app in response to a recent hacking incident -- the company's latest effort to convince users that their personal information is safe.
A security analysis of mobile banking apps for iOS devices from 60 financial institutions around the world has revealed that many were vulnerable to various attacks and exposed sensitive information.
A proposal by Google to offer voter lookup services was declined by the Election Commission of India, after cybersecurity experts and political parties voiced concern about the plan's security implications.
A compromise of the community forums for the openSUSE Linux distribution Tuesday sparked concern that hackers have access to a previously unknown exploit for the popular vBulletin Internet forum software.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- You're so vein: Samsung files a patent for a vein-scanning smartwatch
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCProject Scheduler / Project Manager - IT InfrastructureNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW