The software used by many wireless IP cameras manufactured by Foscam Digital Technologies have a vulnerability that allows remote users to access their video streams and take snapshots without proper authentication.
The U.S. National Security Agency should abandon its collection of U.S. telephone records because the surveillance program is illegal, a government privacy oversight board said.
In a report to be released Thursday, the U.S. Privacy and Civil Liberties board says the National Security Agency's bulk collection of phone records is illegal and should stop, according to the New York Times and the Washington Post, which received a...
Technology is not evil, only its use or misuse.
Google, through its plan to link Gmail addresses to its Google+ social network, is violating a privacy agreement the company made with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission, a long-time critic of the company's privacy practices said in a complaint to the...
Computer scientists found almost 20 exit relays in the Tor anonymity network that attempted to spy on users' encrypted traffic using man-in-the-middle techniques.
Verizon Communications received more than 320,000 requests for customer information from U.S. federal, state and local law enforcement agencies in 2013, more than 100 times the number of requests from any other country, the telecom carrier said in it...
Twelve U.S. companies, including Internet service provider Level 3 Communications and BitTorrent, the company behind the popular peer-to-peer file-sharing protocol, have agreed to settle U.S. Federal Trade Commission charges that they falsely claimed...
Two Mexican nationals have been arrested in Texas after they allegedly attempted to enter the U.S. with fraudulent credit cards that could be tied to the massive Target data breach.
The way to get Google to comply with data privacy laws is to hit the company where it hurts: its bank balance, the European Union's Justice Commissioner said Monday.
Changes in Google Chrome extension ownership can expose thousands of users to aggressive advertising and possibly other threats, two extension developers have recently discovered.
U.S. President Barack Obama failed to address the National Security Agency's reported efforts to weaken encryption standards and circumvent online encryption technologies in a speech Friday about surveillance reform.
U.S. President Barack Obama's proposed changes to the National Security Agency's surveillance programs don't go far enough, some technology and digital rights groups said, while others hailed it as a good first step.
U.S. President Barack Obama called for changes to U.S. National Security Agency surveillance, with new privacy advocates assigned to a surveillance court and a transition away from a controversial telephone records collection program in the U.S.
Massive amounts of unstructured data are held in the form of PDF documents, but extracting key figures and words out of PDFs in a programmatic manner can be difficult and costly. This poses a challenge to public-interest groups, journalists and other...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraVIC
- FTMiddleware Specialist / Systems AdministrationNSW
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystACT
- CCNetwork AnalystNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTUX / UI DesignerVIC
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraVIC
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- FTMigration ArchitectSA
- FTSenior Consultant/ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Digital DesignerVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperOther
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT
- CCWeb Analytics Specialist | 6 month contractNSW
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- CCPerformance Test AnalystNSW