In a report to be released Thursday, the U.S. Privacy and Civil Liberties board says the National Security Agency's bulk collection of phone records is illegal and should stop, according to the New York Times and the Washington Post, which received a...
Technology is not evil, only its use or misuse.
Google, through its plan to link Gmail addresses to its Google+ social network, is violating a privacy agreement the company made with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission, a long-time critic of the company's privacy practices said in a complaint to the...
Computer scientists found almost 20 exit relays in the Tor anonymity network that attempted to spy on users' encrypted traffic using man-in-the-middle techniques.
Verizon Communications received more than 320,000 requests for customer information from U.S. federal, state and local law enforcement agencies in 2013, more than 100 times the number of requests from any other country, the telecom carrier said in it...
Twelve U.S. companies, including Internet service provider Level 3 Communications and BitTorrent, the company behind the popular peer-to-peer file-sharing protocol, have agreed to settle U.S. Federal Trade Commission charges that they falsely claimed...
Two Mexican nationals have been arrested in Texas after they allegedly attempted to enter the U.S. with fraudulent credit cards that could be tied to the massive Target data breach.
The way to get Google to comply with data privacy laws is to hit the company where it hurts: its bank balance, the European Union's Justice Commissioner said Monday.
Changes in Google Chrome extension ownership can expose thousands of users to aggressive advertising and possibly other threats, two extension developers have recently discovered.
U.S. President Barack Obama failed to address the National Security Agency's reported efforts to weaken encryption standards and circumvent online encryption technologies in a speech Friday about surveillance reform.
U.S. President Barack Obama's proposed changes to the National Security Agency's surveillance programs don't go far enough, some technology and digital rights groups said, while others hailed it as a good first step.
U.S. President Barack Obama called for changes to U.S. National Security Agency surveillance, with new privacy advocates assigned to a surveillance court and a transition away from a controversial telephone records collection program in the U.S.
Massive amounts of unstructured data are held in the form of PDF documents, but extracting key figures and words out of PDFs in a programmatic manner can be difficult and costly. This poses a challenge to public-interest groups, journalists and other...
If snooping by the U.S. National Security Agency isn't enough to make you worry about your privacy, Japan's Fujitsu Laboratories has developed a fast method to perform secret searches of data that is encrypted.
Playing on mobile users' fears of commercial and government surveillance, two companies are building a phone they say is designed to protect privacy. The joint venture between smartphone manufacturer Geeksphone and encrypted communications provider S...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- 100 best practices for keeping big data secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- CCTechnology Specialist Networks & SecurityVIC
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCProject Manager, Infrastructure Migration, AWS CloudNSW
- CCActive Directory Consultant/ArchitectWA
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- FTData AnalystsWA
- FTPMO SpecialistACT