A hacker group known as Team GhostShell is publishing snippets of sensitive data allegedly stolen from the databases of hundreds of compromised websites.
A U.S. surveillance court has extended a controversial telephone records dragnet while the National Security Agency works to wind down the program on orders from Congress.
Despite a big push over the past few years to use encryption to combat security breaches, lack of expertise among developers and overly complex libraries have led to widespread implementation failures in business applications.
Scott McNealy is best known for his role as cofounder and long-serving CEO at Sun Microsystems, but some remember him even better for a few choice comments he made about privacy back in 1999.
Spies working for the U.S. National Security Agency and its British counterpart found anti-virus and security software a hindrance to their intelligence gathering processes, and worked to thwart it, according to a report Monday in The Intercept.
Uber Technologies' new data collection policy, allowing the ride-hailing company to access a user's location even when the smartphone app is not actively in use, violates the privacy rights and personal safety of U.S. customers, according to a compla...
Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal has vetoed legislation that would provide for the pilot use of automatic license plate readers by law enforcement to identify stolen vehicles and uninsured motorists.
The Electronic Frontier Foundation released the latest version of its annual "Who Has Your Back" report on tech companies' data disclosure policies Wednesday afternoon, giving perfect five-star ratings to companies including Apple, Adobe, Dropbox and...
Nine privacy groups plan to withdraw from U.S. government-hosted negotiations to develop voluntary facial-recognition privacy standards because the groups feel the process won't lead to adequate privacy protections.
The EU Council has issued a long-awaited, hotly debated plan for online privacy, moving the EU's reform of data-protection laws closer to reality.
A Belgian privacy lawsuit targeting Facebook highlights the difficulties national regulators will face policing the activities of international Internet companies until new privacy laws are passed.
Amazon.com has published its first transparency report describing how it has responded to requests from law enforcers for information about its customers.
Google must respect the European Union's 'right to be forgotten' court ruling on all its sites, not just those it says target EU countries, the French data protection authority has ruled, giving the company 15 days to comply.
Anticipating the approval of stricter data protection rules in the European Union, cloud storage startup Zettabox bets it will be able to compete against bigger rivals by guaranteeing customers that their data will be housed in Europe.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager :ApplicationsWA
- FTMarketing and Customer AnalyticsSA
- FTEnterprise Architect - InformationQLD
- CCSEM / PPC / Paid Search Specialist - 6 Month Contract RoleNSW
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT
- FTPerformance TesterNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Digital MarketNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedNSW
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagersACT
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- CCNight Shift Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTStorage Systems Administrator l HDS & EMC TechnologiesNSW
- FTICT Manager - DefenceACT
- TPSAP BO DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- CCData ScientistNSW
- FTManager - Superannuation ConsultingNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystNSW