The number of government requests for user information received by Google has doubled since 2010, not including requests made under the U.S. Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, which the company is not allowed to disclose.
The general counsel of a U.S. spying agency told a U.S. Senate committee Wednesday that if Internet companies provide information about the number of surveillance orders they receive for user data, it would alert the country's adversaries on which se...
The Belgian and Dutch Data Protection Authorities (DPAs) said Wednesday that they will investigate the security of SWIFT, which runs an international bank messaging system, following allegations that the U.S. National Security Agency unlawfully acces...
AT&T supplies information on international calls that travel over its network, including ones that start or end in the U.S., under a voluntary contract with the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency, The New York Times reported Thursday.
A French court has ordered Google to block from its search results pictures of former Formula One motor racing president Max Mosley participating in a sado-masochistic sex party with five women.
The ongoing revelations of governmental electronic spying point to a problem larger than National Security Agency malfeasance, or even of security weaknesses. Rather the controversy arising from Edward Snowden's leaked documents suggest we face unres...
A coalition of defense lawyers, privacy advocates and journalists has sued the Dutch government over its collaboration and exchange of data with the U.S. National Security Agency and other foreign intelligence services.
The European Commission’s Expert Groups, which play a vital role in shaping E.U. policies and legislation, are hugely dominated by corporate interests according to a new report released on Wednesday.
Privacy International has filed complaints against U.K. telecommunications companies for assisting British intelligence agency Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ) with mass interception of telephone and Internet traffic that passes through ...
Proposals in Congress to end the National Security Agency's bulk collection of U.S. telephone records would compromise the agency's ability to find and track terrorists, representatives of the intelligence community said Monday.
Internet companies in the U.S. are demanding that the surveillance practices of the U.S. should be reformed to enhance privacy protections and provide "appropriate oversight and accountability mechanisms."
A U.S. Senate committee has voted to approve a bill that would leave in place the U.S. National Security Agency's bulk telephone-records collection program, with some limits.
The U.S. National Security Agency has penetrated the main communication links that connect Yahoo and Google data centers around the world, giving it access to the accounts of hundreds of millions of people including U.S. residents, The Washington Pos...
Security protocol for the European Council president meant he would never have used the tainted USB stick allegedly given to him by Russia at the G20 Summit council sources confirmed Wednesday.
U.S. intelligence officials on Tuesday defended surveillance of other countries' leaders, saying such efforts are common practice across the world's intelligence agencies.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Russian hackers use OAuth, fake Google apps to phish users
- Palantir to pay US$1.7 million to settle racial hiring bias claim
- Old Windows Server machines can still fend off hacks. Here's how
- Huawei, Google supercharge Android with new Raspberry Pi-like board
- See Sedric drive: Volkswagen shows off first autonomous concept car
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - PegaNSW
- CCSenior Domain ArchitectVIC
- FTContracts & Procurement Support OfficerACT
- FTProduct Manager - FintechNSW
- FTFinance Analyst with Accounting background | $71 phVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Applications - Data ReportingNSW
- CCVMware AdministratorNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Student Management SystemQLD
- FTPMO LeadNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthcareQLD
- FTPMO And Governance ManagerNSW
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer FIFO WeipaQLD
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCService Delivery Analyst -Port MacquarieNSW
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistVIC
- FTTest Automation Lead | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCCitrix SpecialistNSW
- CCSystems AdminNSW
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness Specialist - Data ManagementNSW
- FTSalesforce Business AnalystNSW