Two years after the first leaks by Edward Snowden about U.S. surveillance programs, the country's tech companies are still worried about a backlash from other governments.
Groups representing major IT companies have warned U.S. President Barack Obama again not to go through with measures that would undermine encryption technologies. Such policies would undermine privacy and compromise the security of tech products and ...
The U.S. Department of Justice has filed to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court for permission to continue the bulk collection of call records for another six months, as the new USA Freedom Act allows for this transition period.
In an effort to put an end to the bulk data collection of phone records and other large datasets from millions of people, campaign group Privacy International has filed a complaint with a U.K. court.
After the U.S. Congress approved what critics have called modest limits on the National Security Agency's collection of domestic telephone records, many lawmakers may be reluctant to further change the government's surveillance programs.
The U.S. National Security Agency is reportedly intercepting Internet communications from U.S. residents without getting court-ordered warrants, in an effort to hunt down malicious hackers.
A researcher is warning that a gaming plug-in installed on over 200 million PCs contains a flaw that could let attackers steal users' data from websites they're logged into, such as their Web mail and social networking accounts.
After years of thorny negotiations, top EU and U.S. officials say they are close to agreement on two privacy accords that would regulate the transfer of personal data of European citizens to the U.S.
The U.S. Senate has passed legislation intended to rein in the National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic telephone records, sending the bill to President Barack Obama for his signature.
Google has launched a centralized hub that lets users manage the privacy and security controls of all its services, and introduced a site with information about these topics.
A controversial program allowing the U.S. National Security Agency to collect millions of domestic telephone records expired Sunday night after the Senate failed to vote on a bill to extend the authority for the surveillance.
Two U.S. senators are pushing proposals to extend the National Security Agency's domestic telephone records dragnet, but a diverse coalition of civil liberties and advocacy groups have called on lawmakers to vote against those plans.
Identifying users who access Tor hidden services -- websites that are only accessible inside the Tor anonymity network -- is easier than de-anonymizing users who use Tor to access regular Internet websites.
German telecom and Internet operators could once again be forced to store customer traffic and location metadata for police investigation purposes, five years after a previous data retention law was declared unconstitutional.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FBI reports more attempts to hack voter registration system
- Home Theatre review: Which is better, a 4K projector or 4K TV?
- Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 review: HD video and stereo sound add polish to video calls
- Boat rental with GetMyBoat – the AirBnB of boating
- A new Microsoft tool shows how Win 10 might affect devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC