The U.S. Senate has passed legislation intended to rein in the National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic telephone records, sending the bill to President Barack Obama for his signature.
Google has launched a centralized hub that lets users manage the privacy and security controls of all its services, and introduced a site with information about these topics.
A controversial program allowing the U.S. National Security Agency to collect millions of domestic telephone records expired Sunday night after the Senate failed to vote on a bill to extend the authority for the surveillance.
Two U.S. senators are pushing proposals to extend the National Security Agency's domestic telephone records dragnet, but a diverse coalition of civil liberties and advocacy groups have called on lawmakers to vote against those plans.
Identifying users who access Tor hidden services -- websites that are only accessible inside the Tor anonymity network -- is easier than de-anonymizing users who use Tor to access regular Internet websites.
German telecom and Internet operators could once again be forced to store customer traffic and location metadata for police investigation purposes, five years after a previous data retention law was declared unconstitutional.
A lawsuit that alleges Yahoo's email scanning practices are illegal can proceed as a class action complaint, a development that will shine the spotlight on the Yahoo Mail use of messages' content for advertising purposes.
The U.S. Senate will return early from a week-long recess in a last-ditch effort to extend provisions of the Patriot Act that the National Security Agency have used to collect millions of domestic telephone records over the past nine years.
The U.S. Senate voted early Saturday to block the USA Freedom Act, a legislation that aimed to put an end to the bulk collection of telephone records by the National Security Agency.
The U.S. Senate was deadlocked on Friday over whether to extend authorization for the National Security Agency's massive collection of domestic telephone records, with Majority Leader Mitch McConnell insisting the surveillance program should continue...
It's common sense to reset an Android phone to its factory state before selling or disposing of it. But beware, researchers recently found that this often fails to properly wipe all sensitive user data from the device.
A mobile browser owned by China's Alibaba Group contained privacy risks that could have exposed users' personal data, according to a security group.
The U.S. Senate on Thursday failed to move forward on efforts to extend the section of the Patriot Act that the National Security Agency has used to collect millions of domestic telephone records.
RadioShack has reached agreement with U.S. states over the sale of customer data, by consenting to limit the number of email addresses to be sold, and giving customers the opportunity to be removed from the list.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Rolling blog: Industry reacts to Budget 2016
- Microsoft's Solair acquisition could expand its IoT services
- India has shot down Apple's plan to sell refurbished iPhones
- Giphy Keys wants to be the default iOS keyboard for GIF lovers
- Report: HTC to finally launch Android Wear smartwatch in June
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW