The U.S. National Security Agency is reportedly intercepting Internet communications from U.S. residents without getting court-ordered warrants, in an effort to hunt down malicious hackers.
A researcher is warning that a gaming plug-in installed on over 200 million PCs contains a flaw that could let attackers steal users' data from websites they're logged into, such as their Web mail and social networking accounts.
After years of thorny negotiations, top EU and U.S. officials say they are close to agreement on two privacy accords that would regulate the transfer of personal data of European citizens to the U.S.
The U.S. Senate has passed legislation intended to rein in the National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic telephone records, sending the bill to President Barack Obama for his signature.
Google has launched a centralized hub that lets users manage the privacy and security controls of all its services, and introduced a site with information about these topics.
A controversial program allowing the U.S. National Security Agency to collect millions of domestic telephone records expired Sunday night after the Senate failed to vote on a bill to extend the authority for the surveillance.
Two U.S. senators are pushing proposals to extend the National Security Agency's domestic telephone records dragnet, but a diverse coalition of civil liberties and advocacy groups have called on lawmakers to vote against those plans.
Identifying users who access Tor hidden services -- websites that are only accessible inside the Tor anonymity network -- is easier than de-anonymizing users who use Tor to access regular Internet websites.
German telecom and Internet operators could once again be forced to store customer traffic and location metadata for police investigation purposes, five years after a previous data retention law was declared unconstitutional.
A lawsuit that alleges Yahoo's email scanning practices are illegal can proceed as a class action complaint, a development that will shine the spotlight on the Yahoo Mail use of messages' content for advertising purposes.
The U.S. Senate will return early from a week-long recess in a last-ditch effort to extend provisions of the Patriot Act that the National Security Agency have used to collect millions of domestic telephone records over the past nine years.
The U.S. Senate voted early Saturday to block the USA Freedom Act, a legislation that aimed to put an end to the bulk collection of telephone records by the National Security Agency.
The U.S. Senate was deadlocked on Friday over whether to extend authorization for the National Security Agency's massive collection of domestic telephone records, with Majority Leader Mitch McConnell insisting the surveillance program should continue...
It's common sense to reset an Android phone to its factory state before selling or disposing of it. But beware, researchers recently found that this often fails to properly wipe all sensitive user data from the device.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSystem Engineer (DevOps)WA
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- CCSalesforce Project ManagerQLD
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW